Got a but kicking last week

Hondo
Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member

I had a very bad reaction to some medication I was taking and all I can say is man it kicked my butt. I though the end was coming it was so bad; I had 104.6 fever and sweating like a wet dog. The bad part was we did not know what was doing it until I thought to myself, none of this started until I started taking this stuff. Anyway I am back at work again still not 100% but hoping by today’s end I will be.

Tim Hondo

Comments

• fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    good

good to hear you figured it out and on the way to a good new normal again

john 

• txpipeliner
    txpipeliner Member Posts: 33
    fisrpotpe said:

good

good to hear you figured it out and on the way to a good new normal again

john 

let the DR. know

be sure and let the DR. know what happened when you took that med.

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    wow, tim, that's pretty

wow, tim, that's pretty scary.  i'm glad God brought you thru it and you figured out quickly what the problem was.  hope you're back to 100% very soon.

God bless,

dj

• jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Sorry to hear that. Praying

Sorry to hear that. Praying for a quick mend and that they find a substitute you can take for that med.

Debbie

• edbravo
    edbravo Member Posts: 63
    My prayers also to you tim

My prayers also to you tim

• Sorry to hear this buddy.

Sorry to hear this buddy. What medication was it?

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    Estelle_H said:

Sorry to hear this buddy.

Sorry to hear this buddy. What medication was it?

tuff dude

Your a tuff dude hondo

• MJ70
    MJ70 Member Posts: 75
    butt kicking

Tim:

Glad to hear you a are doing well...i have over the years had to deal with  some of these meds....Since i have been on the mickey button   ( your recommedation ) and formula only ..i stopped taking blood pressure med as i have normal readings.now ..they use to be as high as 250  over 140 at times.. and low aa 80 over 35... been under the care of one of the best cardiologist in town. (Post prandial hypo tension )

stay well..

Mel 

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Holy Moly....

How scary!  Was it a med you'd been taking that suddenly decided to turn and bite you?  Or was it something new?

p

• tommyodavey
    tommyodavey Member Posts: 726 Member

Holy Moly....

How scary!  Was it a med you'd been taking that suddenly decided to turn and bite you?  Or was it something new?

p

Wow

Glad to hear you're up and working again.  When they ask if you have any drug allergies, spell that one out in capital letters.

Heal soon,

Tom

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Glad you're ok now.........

That's a pretty high temp you had, glad it's down. Tim you have been through hell and back too many times now. It's about time for all things to go right for you. Stay safe. A bad reaction to meds can be real scarry. 

Years ago I was on demoral every four hours to control the pain of a collapsed lung. On day nine we found out I had a reaction to demerol, It INCREASED the pain. That was a long nine days.

Bill

• jackflash22
    jackflash22 Member Posts: 524 Member
    A bummer

when the med that's supposed to make you better turns round to bite you. Can't do without you Hondoo, so pleased your on the mend.

• Goyca
    Goyca Member Posts: 220
    Take care Tim :) I'm gald u r

Take care Tim :) I'm gald u r ok now

Goyca.

• Shell_7801
    Shell_7801 Member Posts: 71
    Glad to hear you survived.

Glad to hear you survived.  All this fighting of cancer and an allergic reaction nearly takes you out.....life sure can be ironic huh?

Michelle

• Hondo
    up-date

I am doing a lot better but my grandchildren are sick now. I hate this weather change time of year. I go the see the Doctor Monday to get checked out again, that’s everyone

Tim Hondo

• Crazymom
    Crazymom Member Posts: 339 Member
    sick

glad you are ok.....Ann

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Crazymom said:

sick

glad you are ok.....Ann

Tim

Sorry to hear what you has to endure. Life isn't fair

• Kritter
    Kritter Member Posts: 147
    Hondo said:

up-date

I am doing a lot better but my grandchildren are sick now. I hate this weather change time of year. I go the see the Doctor Monday to get checked out again, that’s everyone

Tim Hondo

Get better

I hope you get good news and wishing those grand babies of yours get well soon. The weather here in Louisiana where we are can sure change quick ! ( I am not that far from you ) 

Prayers and Hugs ! 

Kritter 

• patricke
    patricke Member Posts: 570
    KICKED BUTT

Hey Tim,

I'm sorry to hear that you had to endure the butt kick'in bad med reaction, but real happy to hear that you figured it out and kicked back.  Congrats on getting back on track!

• Hondo
    Back to Normal

That is if I can figure out what Normal is. Anyway I woke up feeling like me again this morning, ready to go to work and get started as my Lord looks over me on the preparation day. I am hoping to work only a half a day today then go home and get started on some of the stuff I let pile up on me the last few weeks. Thank you all for your prayers and support.

Tim Hondo