Medicinal Marijuana

Options

Medicinal marijuana. It's already in place in amny states and on the November ballot in Florida.

Where do you stand?

http://thecancerrollercaoster.blogspot.com/

Comments

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    Options
    UK

Illegal here Bruce. Donfoo is our resident expert!

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    I'm for it.

My father passed in 1984 from lung cancer. the radiation used was called colbolt and he was given six months maybe. He did get six years, but the last two were bad, real bad. It was not legal at the time and he would not use it. I know if he had he would have liver much longer and been able to eat and keep it down. 

He had a chest x-ray and it was clean, then in six months it was cancer the size of a tennis ball and nothing they could but radiation. Colbolt was chosen because of where his was, upper lung and main artery to the heart. We were given six years to be prepaired for the end. If he had used Marijuana, he would have been able to eat better and not have the nausae he had. But that is just my familys opinion.

Bill

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    uh...

Thanks Gary. Did not know I am the resident MJ head. Foot in Mouth There are quite a few here, maybe just a bit too laid back to peck out replies. lol

When one compares the common and unhesitant prescription of oxycodone, hydrocodone, morphine, and fentanyl with a natural herb that offers alternative relief for similar symtoms, is there any question at all? All the prescribed drugs are just as illegal, if not more illegal, when caught. MMJ does not create terrible withdrawl symtoms nor is it addictive as these others drugs. 

Legality aside, and focusing on the ability to assist in better sleep, better pain control, and better mental calming, why would one not try this alternative form of medication? If it works then use it, if it doesn't then don't. The USA is slowly getting its head out if its a... and finally figuring it out there are benefits and a lot of downsides of not legalizing weed. I recently viewed the Ken Burn series on prohibition and see how utterly stupid it was to try to put in a box and lock it up.

Legalization allows for taxation and rules and stomps out criminal elements. What good at this point does keeping it illegal do? Why make suffering cancer patients not freely use non addiction substances to help them?

Guess that at least sums up where I stand.

• yensid683
    yensid683 Member Posts: 349
    Options
    For it

But treated just as any other prescription medication.  Prescribed by a physician, treated as a controlled substance, dispensed only from a licensed pharmacy etc. 

I was prescribed the snythetic marinol (not sure of the spelling) for appetite and nausea, no discernable effect.  My straight as an arrow wife was pushing me to use it, saying that her younger co-workers could get it and had offerred to give it to us.

I see nothing wrong with it

• txpipeliner
    txpipeliner Member Posts: 33
    Options
    yensid683 said:

For it

But treated just as any other prescription medication.  Prescribed by a physician, treated as a controlled substance, dispensed only from a licensed pharmacy etc. 

I was prescribed the snythetic marinol (not sure of the spelling) for appetite and nausea, no discernable effect.  My straight as an arrow wife was pushing me to use it, saying that her younger co-workers could get it and had offerred to give it to us.

I see nothing wrong with it

MJ

I am for it. i dont need it but if things change ill darn sure get it.

• jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    For it

. I think the pain meds made Jim's last days worse they would have been if he could have used MJ. My son offered to get some from his room mate but as a law abiding citizen we said no. Now I wish we would have said yes. I have been for legalization period for many years. No worse than alcohol in my opinion. But I am a child of the 60s after all. Wink

• Guzzle
    Options
    jim and i said:

For it

. I think the pain meds made Jim's last days worse they would have been if he could have used MJ. My son offered to get some from his room mate but as a law abiding citizen we said no. Now I wish we would have said yes. I have been for legalization period for many years. No worse than alcohol in my opinion. But I am a child of the 60s after all. Wink

me too

But Ill have to fly to san fran bay to see Don!

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Guzzle said:

me too

But Ill have to fly to san fran bay to see Don!

send me the money...

I'll save you a trip over here, send me the money and click this link. You can get it from your doctor! UK has one up on us here in the USA.

http://www.gwpharm.com/sativex.aspx

• Guzzle
    Options
    donfoo said:

send me the money...

I'll save you a trip over here, send me the money and click this link. You can get it from your doctor! UK has one up on us here in the USA.

No chore!

Don, if I ever get to meet you Im sure it will be worth the fare mate!

• Kritter
    Kritter Member Posts: 147
    Options
    Maybe

If it's different than the real thing.. all I ever got a was a headache from smoking it.. I know that's strange.. but then so am I.. I am told. 

Prayers and Hugs ! 

Kritter

• Shell_7801
    Shell_7801 Member Posts: 71
    Options
    Yes

I only tried it a couple of times recreationally and did not like it one bit.  Since my diagnosis (it is legal in my state) I've tried it again only this time from a reputable care-giver and it did the job.  It aleviated my nausea and actually gave me a bit of energy.  I'm currently doing radiation and chemo.  So I'm a believer.

Michelle

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    donfoo said:

send me the money...

Hi Don

Thanks for the link

Tim Hondo