New to the Network

Hello - hope someone can comment on my case.  I'm a 51 yr old Mom of two young kids and cann't believe what has happened.....
Started feeling not right Jan. 09 and got an endoscopy which showed esophigitis.  This followed a ct scan which showed a possible 2.7 cm mass.  I was relieved at the time and went about life.  March / 2014 - endoscope to evaluate trouble swallowing and burning chest pain up on swallowing. It showed shotzki ring and small hiatal hernia. Relieved, again at the time with the diagnosis. April noticed a lemon-sized mass under my rib cage and panicked.  Went to ER for sonogram which showed nothing.  Got a CT scan w/out contrast and again negative.  I had a colonoscopy just this past August and suffered a piercing. Rushed to ER, CT W contrast done to verify pierc. Terrible experience, but got out of hospital in 2 1/2 days with 3 inch verticle incision. 

Weeks go by and I start feeling up to revisiting my health issues. Went to another gastro Dr. who looked at the hospital records and saw the finding of a possible 2.1 cm mass. Here's the shocker - it was there in 2001, noted as a 2.7 cm mass. It fell off of everyone's radar, but was there the whole time.  I lost so many years of treatment : (

I make an appt with Sloan Kettering and am worried, but hopeful as some of the Drs. I saw thought it could be a benign mass called a Leiomyoma.

Several weeks later (today) I go to the hospital to get records for my Sloan appt. on Tuesday and read that a 7 mm low attenuation lesion too small to characterize was found on my left kidney. Now I'm fearing metastic esophageal cancer. My symptoms are about the same from early 2014 with some hoarseness and today I felt a pressure while breathing.  Scary.

Does anyone here have a cancer not shown on normal endoscope or not starting in the lining? What is the significance of the kindey mass? I read on a website that ot could mean a metastice has set in. or could it be nothing as the nurses are telling me?  I love hearing about the bravery of the patients and their families on this site. 
Thank you for your time and take good care.