2»

Comments

• Ouch_Ouch_Ouch
    Ouch_Ouch_Ouch Member Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    jcruz said:

delicate flower!

Hi Ouch

Three weeks ago I had an exam and anoscopy under anesthesia and my surgeon took a biopsy of a questionable area.  It turned out to be nothing.  Hooray.  And a big ow!  I went home packed with gauze to catch the bleeding and I still am seeing some light blood on the pads I wear all the time. I had to take percocet for about 5 days and pull out my special pillow for my office chair.  It was not fun to say the least.  The last EUA I had there was no biopsy so the recovery was minimal.  I hope for both of us that no more biopsies are necessary.

Janet

Still wilted

Our experiences seem to mirror each other, down to the oozy pad (that I wear all the time, too), Percoset, & pillow. The oncologist requested follow-up biopsies, so I thought it was the protocol. It feels like the colo-rectal guy used an auger to get them!

• Ouch_Ouch_Ouch
    Options
    mp327 said:

Ouch

Neither my colorectal doctor nor my radiation oncologist favor doing biopsies post-treatment, due to potential healing complications.  The only exception would be if there are symptoms indicating the need for one.  I hope you are feeling better now. 

Thanks for the well-wishes,

Thanks for the well-wishes, mp327. I guess that since the area of the primary tumor couldn't be visualized on CT scan, biopsies are reasonable, though icky.

I like your new avatar. Ha!

• Adam26
    Adam26 Member Posts: 125
    Options
    Hi,
    Just to say, I am wishing

Hi,

Just to say, I am wishing the very best of luck to you with the tests!

You will get there.

• Ouch_Ouch_Ouch
    Options
    Adam26 said:

Hi,
    Just to say, I am wishing

Hi,

Just to say, I am wishing the very best of luck to you with the tests!

You will get there.

Thank you

Thanks, Adam!

Here in the US, many of our medical records are now available online. The pathology report just popped up. Although there is "mild chronic inflammation" (doesn't feel "mild" to me!), "parakeratosis", and "mild squamous dysplaysia", the biopsies are "negative for malignancy".

I went away for a week to Cape Cod, a great relief as I haven't even gone out to dinner since I was diagnosed. I tried to make arrangements for a "telephone appointment", but the colo-rectal surgeon's office said that I had to come in person to speak with him about the results. So, I have to wait until the 28th.

The way I feel with the anal pain following bowel movements, parakeratosis makes sense (very dry epithelial squamous cells that crack and fissure), but I'm not sure if he'll want to do anything about the mild dysplasia (abnormal squamous cells, may proceed to cancer if the condition worsens) other than monitor periodically. Does anyone have experience with this?

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Thank you

Thanks, Adam!

Here in the US, many of our medical records are now available online. The pathology report just popped up. Although there is "mild chronic inflammation" (doesn't feel "mild" to me!), "parakeratosis", and "mild squamous dysplaysia", the biopsies are "negative for malignancy".

I went away for a week to Cape Cod, a great relief as I haven't even gone out to dinner since I was diagnosed. I tried to make arrangements for a "telephone appointment", but the colo-rectal surgeon's office said that I had to come in person to speak with him about the results. So, I have to wait until the 28th.

The way I feel with the anal pain following bowel movements, parakeratosis makes sense (very dry epithelial squamous cells that crack and fissure), but I'm not sure if he'll want to do anything about the mild dysplasia (abnormal squamous cells, may proceed to cancer if the condition worsens) other than monitor periodically. Does anyone have experience with this?

Ouch

You might check out this website for the Univ. of Cal./San Francisco.  I know of a couple of people who are being followed by Dr. Berry there for anal dysplasia.

http://id.medicine.ucsf.edu/analcancerinfo/

Martha

• qv62
    qv62 Member Posts: 434 Member
    Options

Thank you

Thanks, Adam!

ouch

Hope the 28th comes quickly for you, glad to hear you got away. Just to tag on to what Martha said, I had a phone conference with Dr. Berry and he was wonderful to speak with.