Bra for Right side Mastectomy

Hello, it will surely be appreciated if someone can suggest to me what to do as far as a bra is concerned. I had a right side mastectomy with reconstruction, I don't know what to do as far as a bra is concerned. Thanks.

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    You can wear a regular

You can wear a regular bra...I went to a store that could fit me with the correct size.  You didn't say when you finished your surgery, but I was wearing a bra about 6 weeks after my reconstruction.

• Sallie2
    Sallie2 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, the doctors office or the

Hi, the doctors office or the hospital where you had your surgery should be able to give you stores where you can buy bras.

i needed a prescription for a bra and i will be going to a local store that carries and fits the bras for you. there are also websites that have what you may like.

i also have a bra from the hospital that they gave me in the mean time. i really like it. it looks very real.

i thought i would have to wear different tops but i don't.

best of luck to you.

• Puffin2014
    Puffin2014 Member Posts: 531 Member
    prescription for bra

Have your doctor write you a prescription for a "post surgical garment". Insurance will cover the cost of a certain number of bras for you every year. Mine covers 2. Use the script at a store that sells post mastectomy supplies - they have a wide range of styles and they'll be very helpful in finding a good fit for you.

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

prescription for bra

Have your doctor write you a prescription for a "post surgical garment". Insurance will cover the cost of a certain number of bras for you every year. Mine covers 2. Use the script at a store that sells post mastectomy supplies - they have a wide range of styles and they'll be very helpful in finding a good fit for you.

Wonderful input ... Sisters in PINK

hoping this helps you out.

Vicki Sam