Bra for Right side Mastectomy

Options

Hello, it will surely be appreciated if someone can suggest to me what to do as far as a bra is concerned. I had a right side mastectomy with reconstruction, I don't know what to do as far as a bra is concerned. Thanks.

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    You can wear a regular

You can wear a regular bra...I went to a store that could fit me with the correct size.  You didn't say when you finished your surgery, but I was wearing a bra about 6 weeks after my reconstruction.

• Sallie2
    Sallie2 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, the doctors office or the

Hi, the doctors office or the hospital where you had your surgery should be able to give you stores where you can buy bras.

i needed a prescription for a bra and i will be going to a local store that carries and fits the bras for you. there are also websites that have what you may like.

i also have a bra from the hospital that they gave me in the mean time. i really like it. it looks very real.

i thought i would have to wear different tops but i don't.

best of luck to you.

• Puffin2014
    Puffin2014 Member Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    prescription for bra

Have your doctor write you a prescription for a "post surgical garment". Insurance will cover the cost of a certain number of bras for you every year. Mine covers 2. Use the script at a store that sells post mastectomy supplies - they have a wide range of styles and they'll be very helpful in finding a good fit for you.

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

prescription for bra

Have your doctor write you a prescription for a "post surgical garment". Insurance will cover the cost of a certain number of bras for you every year. Mine covers 2. Use the script at a store that sells post mastectomy supplies - they have a wide range of styles and they'll be very helpful in finding a good fit for you.

Wonderful input ... Sisters in PINK

hoping this helps you out.

Vicki Sam