Gum

Options
granmudder
granmudder Member Posts: 41 Member

Good Morning.... I am sure that I have read in these posts somewhere suggestions for saliva producing chewing gum??

Comments

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    They make

biotene gum....Probably can pick it up at Walgreens.....if not, they sell it on Amazon.

p

• cid817
    cid817 Member Posts: 58
    Options
    Gum

My hubby's dentist suggested Trident gum with Xylitol.  Xylitol is good for the teeth.  There are only certain flavors with the Xylitol in and they are marked on the front of the packages.  It helps him with the dry mouth.

Cindy

• KB56
    KB56 Member Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Gum

i've been using a gum my dentist gave me originally and I think it helps my saliva more than anything. It's called Spry and it has Xylitol in it.  I buy them on Amazon 600 pieces at a time ($35 or so)and I have little ziplock bags Of them in variuos places.   I've had the Spearmint and Peppermint but the Peppermint is a little spicer and I'll go back to Spearmint next time I order.  It really helps me and even morevthan the Pilocarpine I was taking 3 times a day.  

I'm almost 16 months out of treatment and still pretty limited in the saliva production but nothing I can't deal with. 

Good luck, 

Keith

• granmudder
    granmudder Member Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

for all suggestions! I will go on line this morning and see which gums I can order for Tony :) living rurally we dont get to the big city too often:)

• Mrs. Sarge
    Mrs. Sarge Member Posts: 206 Member
    Options

Thanks everyone!

for all suggestions! I will go on line this morning and see which gums I can order for Tony :) living rurally we dont get to the big city too often:)

Try Halls Refresh throat drops

Since my radiation,  Halls sugar free Refresh throat drops have been a God-send!  Bought in drug stores or thru Amazon, they help produce saliva and when you can't drink water they have been so helpful.  Maybe try a bag until you can get the gum?! Just another option!