Pain long after cancer treatment

Options

I want to thank all of you who shared your experiences about pain long after cancer treatment - i am a 7 year survivor of colorectal cancer and have recently been diagnosed with Hashimotos Thyroiditis.  In conjunction with the new diagnosis my entire body is wracked with arthritic like pains in my muscles and joints - feel like i am in my 80s!  I thought i was losing my mind, but glad to see there are others who will share their stories - im hoping a boost in my thyroid medication will help - but beginning to wonder - i had 6 weeks of chemo and radiation, followed by an additional 6 months of FU5 and Leukovorin - nasty stuff - hope oncologists will start recognizing that this is a real issue very soon!

Comments

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    Pain

It's horrible, isn't it. I've only had three weeks of 5FU which ended six months ago and I hurt in different areas most of the time. But I'm also positive for lupus and have sciatica so is it from that or the chemo, I don't know. I had pain much of the time before I had chemo. I'm scared that my next round of folfox will make it worse, though.

• Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    JanJan63 said:

Pain

It's horrible, isn't it. I've only had three weeks of 5FU which ended six months ago and I hurt in different areas most of the time. But I'm also positive for lupus and have sciatica so is it from that or the chemo, I don't know. I had pain much of the time before I had chemo. I'm scared that my next round of folfox will make it worse, though.

Sorry to hear about the pain.

Sorry to hear about the pain. Cancer sucks!!!