Inflamation of breast area after mastectomy 1 yr ago

Hello. I have a question and maybe one of you can shed some light on..I had a mastectomy one year ago of my left breast and diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Over the past month I have noticed a strange feeling in that side of my breast. Lately it gets swollen and red and feels hot. I was looking around this site and read about inflamatory breast cancer. Sounds like what I have been experiencing. I am for sure calling my doctor first thing Monday morning but just wonder what everyones thoughts might be. 

Lisa

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Same symptoms -- I ended up with

a Staph infection ---  Please get yourself over to the ER today....  if at all possible.   I realize you may want to wait until tomorrow, however, perhaps you can get hooked up to an IV with med's today.

I hope I dont sound like a worry wort - just worried about YOU.

if you breast area is 'HOT' to the touch --  my personal experience is that it is an infection

Positive thoughts ...

Vicki Sam

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    VickiSam said:

Same symptoms -- I ended up with

a Staph infection ---  Please get yourself over to the ER today....  if at all possible.   I realize you may want to wait until tomorrow, however, perhaps you can get hooked up to an IV with med's today.

I hope I dont sound like a worry wort - just worried about YOU.

if you breast area is 'HOT' to the touch --  my personal experience is that it is an infection

Positive thoughts ...

Vicki Sam

Oncologist on call or Urgent care

urgent care can be an option too, while most big hospital could have an oncologists on staff. Your oncologist office can also have "an oncologist on call" option, that you do not need to wait untill tomorrow. Oncologist on call may interview you over the hone and give advice on what ER will be best suited for your case. 

sending positive thoughts

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member

Oncologist on call or Urgent care

urgent care can be an option too, while most big hospital could have an oncologists on staff. Your oncologist office can also have "an oncologist on call" option, that you do not need to wait untill tomorrow. Oncologist on call may interview you over the hone and give advice on what ER will be best suited for your case. 

sending positive thoughts

Hope you will let us know

Hope you did call Onc and that it is/was ok..........pls let us know....  Prayers....

• justme32213
    justme32213 Member Posts: 53
    GlowMore said:

Hope you will let us know

Hope you did call Onc and that it is/was ok..........pls let us know....  Prayers....

Got answer

Good Morning.....the issues I am having is a result of my radiation. I guess the radiation can have these issues from 1 to 3 yrs after completion. Phewww

I go for my thourough testing, PET MUGA MAMO starting tomorrow. Little anxious but confident that my chemo is still working...Herceptin and Perjeta every 3 weeks....Have a great day..................