Has anyone used Cancer Treatment Centers of America?

Just wondering if anyone has used Cancer Treatment Center of America? They called today and said they accepted him, just needing some suggestions/opinions? We are still waiting to hear back from MD Anderson.

Comments

• Ladylacy
    Ladylacy Member Posts: 773 Member
    Cancer Treatment Centers

Goggle them.  There are a lot of complaints.  And then on the other hand, there are those that have great experiences with them.  One opened not too far from where we live, but my husband is on Medicare and I'm told they don't take Medicare or the Medicare Advantage Programs.  CCAs are for profit only and I have read that if they can't help you, they won't take you, because they want their numbers to be great for those that survive cancer.  Like I said, just goggle them for complaints.  Like any thing on the internet there will be the good comments and then the bad comments.  You could go see them and see what they have to say.

• ptom
    ptom Member Posts: 41 Member
    Think twice

I've read several articles about Cancer Treatment Centers of America.  They take really good care of you until your insurance runs out, then they transfer you.

I find it hard to believe that CTCA's tests are any more advanced, or their treatments any more curative than the cancer center right there in your own home town.

ptom