skin graft nipples

Hi I just had my nipples and areolas done with skin grafts after waiting 5 years to decide on it.  I still have dressings on them and only saw them briefly.  I am experiencing lots of itchiness where they added fat as well.  I am wondering if anyone had the skin grafts done and if they like them or not and what  I should expect as far as the healing process, when will they look "normal"?

Thank you

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    I did NOT have this done ==

hoping someone on our Board pipes in and offers some support and offer some advice.  

Question:  Have you had the opportunity to contact your Plastic Surgeon's office/Surgeon's staff to see if this is nornal?

Please update us when possibe.

Positive thoughts,

Vicki Sam

• confused123
    confused123 Member Posts: 251
    VickiSam said:

I did NOT have this done ==

hoping someone on our Board pipes in and offers some support and offer some advice.  

Question:  Have you had the opportunity to contact your Plastic Surgeon's office/Surgeon's staff to see if this is nornal?

Please update us when possibe.

Positive thoughts,

Vicki Sam

Thank you Vicki, I just came

Thank you Vicki, I just came back from plastic surgeon, he seemed a little stumped about all my injection sites being red and itchy.  He is putting me on an oral steroid and benadryl for now.  I am just hoping it all looks good when healed.  So nervous I will wish I didn't do it.

• bethsbaby
    bethsbaby Member Posts: 61

Thank you Vicki, I just came

Thank you Vicki, I just came back from plastic surgeon, he seemed a little stumped about all my injection sites being red and itchy.  He is putting me on an oral steroid and benadryl for now.  I am just hoping it all looks good when healed.  So nervous I will wish I didn't do it.

Hi Confused,  I hope you are

Hi Confused,  I hope you are feeling better .  I had skin grafted nipples done in 2012.  After they healed, I had tattooing done to add color to the "aerolas".   I called them my "fipples" (fake nipples)  Since then, they have healed nicely, but the projection I had has flattened out except for a little bit.  I have just had my third round of fat grafting.  I have had some itching off and on, and have attributed it to nerve endings beginning to heal,  mostly because it itched on the inside, but since I have very little feeling, I couldn't seem to feel better if I scratched.  What I found helped the best was taking 1/2 a tablet of 5mg Flexeril,  It calms the itching down within 30 minutes.  Since the fat the inject is usually from your own body, so I can't imagine you reacting to that, but I am not a Doctor, so I don't know.  

As far as your new nipples,  keep them covered to protect them till they heal and any unevenness can be improved once they do the tattooing.  Mine were not perfect but they used a pattern ( looked like a big washer) to make the circle when they tattooed, and you can not even see the scar now unless you look.

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me or message me here on CSN.  Hope you soon begin to love your new nipples  :)

Bethsbaby

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    No advice just wanted to say

No advice just wanted to say thinking of you..

• confused123

No advice just wanted to say

No advice just wanted to say thinking of you..

thank you

thank you

• confused123
    bethsbaby said:

Hi Confused,  I hope you are

Hi Confused,  I hope you are feeling better .  I had skin grafted nipples done in 2012.  After they healed, I had tattooing done to add color to the "aerolas".   I called them my "fipples" (fake nipples)  Since then, they have healed nicely, but the projection I had has flattened out except for a little bit.  I have just had my third round of fat grafting.  I have had some itching off and on, and have attributed it to nerve endings beginning to heal,  mostly because it itched on the inside, but since I have very little feeling, I couldn't seem to feel better if I scratched.  What I found helped the best was taking 1/2 a tablet of 5mg Flexeril,  It calms the itching down within 30 minutes.  Since the fat the inject is usually from your own body, so I can't imagine you reacting to that, but I am not a Doctor, so I don't know.  

As far as your new nipples,  keep them covered to protect them till they heal and any unevenness can be improved once they do the tattooing.  Mine were not perfect but they used a pattern ( looked like a big washer) to make the circle when they tattooed, and you can not even see the scar now unless you look.

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me or message me here on CSN.  Hope you soon begin to love your new nipples  :)

Bethsbaby

Thank you.  I went yesterday

Thank you.  I went yesterday to the doctor and they put me on a steroid because it seems I am having an allergic reaction to something because every site they injectied fat in is red.  Why three rounds of grafting?  I hope I am done with the one!  I am so done with surgery.  I am acually looking forward to the flattending of the nipples because I had inverted ones to begin with.  The doctor took all the dressings off and it has only been 2 weeks I hope that it is ok. 

Also, my name is Kim.  When I signed up 5 years ago I did not realize that I was putting in a name that would be used on the discussion boards. 

Thanks again

• bethsbaby
    bethsbaby Member Posts: 61

thank you

thank you

Hi Km,  I have had 3 rounds

Hi Km,  I have had 3 rounds of fat grafting because I still had some areas that needed to be fuller.  Only about 50 percent of the fat the put in will stay,  the body absorbs some of it, but some will stay.  My plastic surgeon was trying to get some fullness on the upper portion of my reconstructed breasts.  and then filling in some depressed areas around my scars.    I understand about being done.  I had put off this last proceedure for over a year, so I am hoping the next thing i will do is replace implants at the 10 year mark.    I hope your allergy issues are solved.  I had some reactions to the adhesives in tape they used one  of my surgeries.  was red and looked like a chemical burn !  Now they use paper tape and I do much better.  

Hope things continue to get better for you.

Lynne

• RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    HI!

I had the skin grafting done for the nipple area as well.  Once it all healed I was quite pleased as visually it looks quite normal.  I too had the flatten out effect which was disapointing but I'm okay with it.  I wish you all the best!

RE

• confused123
    RE said:

HI!

I had the skin grafting done for the nipple area as well.  Once it all healed I was quite pleased as visually it looks quite normal.  I too had the flatten out effect which was disapointing but I'm okay with it.  I wish you all the best!

RE

Thank you so much for

Thank you so much for responding and I am glad to hear you like them.  I think I will like mine too, the radiated side is right now looking a little yucky to me so I am hoping it heals good.  I have heard most people say they get flat but  I am ok with that since I was inverted to beging with.

• zahalene
    zahalene Member Posts: 670

Thank you so much for

Thank you so much for responding and I am glad to hear you like them.  I think I will like mine too, the radiated side is right now looking a little yucky to me so I am hoping it heals good.  I have heard most people say they get flat but  I am ok with that since I was inverted to beging with.

You girls ROCK!

Seriously.

I lost one breast in 1986 and the other in 1988.

I have remained 'breastless'.

After finishing the two surgeries and two separate series of chemo treatments (one year for each) I was like 'DO NOT TOUCH, DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!'

I can't imagine what you girls have gone through.

Respect.

Zah

• confused123
    zahalene said:

You girls ROCK!

Seriously.

I lost one breast in 1986 and the other in 1988.

I have remained 'breastless'.

After finishing the two surgeries and two separate series of chemo treatments (one year for each) I was like 'DO NOT TOUCH, DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!'

I can't imagine what you girls have gone through.

Respect.

Zah

thank you!

thank you!

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Kim, I had my nipple done. 

Kim, I had my nipple done.  Was lucky I didn't have a reaction but I have to say I'm happy with the way it looks.  I'm hoping the steroids do their job and you are happy with the results.  Lili