was "It is mets"...now plan of attack

mtmom
mtmom Member Posts: 59

Saw my oncologist today. One silver lining...we caught the mets "early" and so there hasn't been damage to the liver yet. I told him I was ready for "shock and awe" and I really wanted to hit this cancer hard. Here is the plan of attack and please let me know if any of you have used these drugs.

We are signing on for a cancer study. The drug I will get for sure is Fulvestrant. The part of the study that is blind is Everolimus and Anastrozole. I could get both drugs, one drug and one placebo, or two placebos. The purpose of the study is to study how the three drugs work together. A little scared but I'm glad to not be doing chemo yet.

The biopsy showed the mets were ER+, PR+, Her2 neg. Bone scan was negative. I was on Tamoxifen and it obviously quit working. I get to stop that tonight because it can actually start to feed the cancer. Crazy!

Thanks for walking this with me.

Blessings,

~Marge...aka Mtmom...my kids' mom :)

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Good luck with the study

I hope it will be effective treatment for you. I has been on Fulvestrant for 18 months now. Initially as a part of a clinical trial , then after living my trial still taking the drug/injections.

Wishing for minimal side effects for you.

Hugs

New Flower

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member

Good luck with the study

I hope it will be effective treatment for you. I has been on Fulvestrant for 18 months now. Initially as a part of a clinical trial , then after living my trial still taking the drug/injections.

Wishing for minimal side effects for you.

Hugs

New Flower

Prayers...

Reading all the posts this morning and sending you both heartfelt Prayers and just know that you are both such strong women......please give yourself a hug from the rest of us....xxoo

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    GlowMore said:

Prayers...

Reading all the posts this morning and sending you both heartfelt Prayers and just know that you are both such strong women......please give yourself a hug from the rest of us....xxoo

Postive thoughts, and prayers for you ..

success, health, and strength I pray for you.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Hoping this works and you

Hoping this works and you kick cancer's butt.  Wishing you strength, comfort and hope as you continue your journey.

• Pixie Dust
    Pixie Dust Member Posts: 424 Member
    BLESSINGS TO YOU

Marge, I am on Anastrozole. This is an AL that I have to stay on for 5yrs. to keep my cancer returning. Alot of people is on this med. I am high risk of my BC returning. The other meds that you are receiving I have not been on. I was Stage 1, grade, 2 and like you also ER+, PR+and Her2-. Hope your meds work for you. Prayers going out for you.  Pixie Dust