FOLFOXIRI/bev Treatment two of six

Options
Phil64
Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member

Well, I went in last Thursday for treatment two. Nausea came on quick but stronger medication and quicker response allowed be to get this far without vomiting. I did have dirrehea Saturday nigh kind of bad but it has lessened considerably. Staying hydrated and eating small bland meals seems to work so far. Still not myself but it is endurable.  I gave myself a newlasta injection today as well. Saved me a two hour ride to/from UMHS. 

Being home alone all day is not fun either. I am lucky to have two little dogs to keep me company or I think I'd go crazy. 

oh. Best news ever for me. My CEA dropped from 18 to 11 with one treatment. Hoping it continues a downward spiral with this treatment too. The onc said he is going to schedule scans after treatment four to assess how it is going. He also said he could go up to twelve treatments of this stuff too. I really didn't want to hear that. I get sick just thinking about another treatment. 

But in the end, I'll likely do whatever gives me a reasonable chance to beat this cancer. 

Love to you all today.

Philip

blog:  http://PScamihorn.me

Comments

• Momof2plusteentwins
    Momof2plusteentwins Member Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Phil

That is great about your CEA.  Sounds like the poison is working.  I hope the nausea and vomiting gets better, that is hard to deal with.  I know how hard it is to be home alone.  I have just moved and I am home alone and it is hard.  It's hard not to get depressed and not think of my life before cancer.  So much has changed.  Take care and I hope you feel better.

Sandy

• Yolllmbs
    Yolllmbs Member Posts: 360 Member
    Options

Phil

That is great about your CEA.  Sounds like the poison is working.  I hope the nausea and vomiting gets better, that is hard to deal with.  I know how hard it is to be home alone.  I have just moved and I am home alone and it is hard.  It's hard not to get depressed and not think of my life before cancer.  So much has changed.  Take care and I hope you feel better.

Sandy

Good thoughts

and prayers coming your way.  I just finished round 9 of Folfox.  I feel your pain!  My prayers and good thoughts for a speedy recovery from the side effects.  Some days it just seems like it's just one more thing added on to deal with.

Yolanda

• Easyflip
    Easyflip Member Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Great news about the CEA

So the chemo is having an effect, that's good news! Stay strong, I know you can do this. 

• Phil64
    Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My wife's father just passed

My wife's father just passed away this afternoon. We are sad to lose him but happy he is now at peace.

thank you for all your support.

• Yolllmbs
    Yolllmbs Member Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Phil64 said:

My wife's father just passed

My wife's father just passed away this afternoon. We are sad to lose him but happy he is now at peace.

thank you for all your support.

My prayers

And condolences. It is always so hard. Warm thoughts and cyber hugs to you and your family. 

Yolanda

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    That's good news Phil. Keep

That's good news Phil. Keep fighting.

• Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member
    Options

That's good news Phil. Keep

That's good news Phil. Keep fighting.

Condolences to your wife. So

Condolences to your wife. So much for both of you.

Good news about your CEA. Prayers that the horrible side effects of treatment abate. You both need a break and something to look forward to.  

CM 

• Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options

Condolences to your wife. So

Condolences to your wife. So much for both of you.

Good news about your CEA. Prayers that the horrible side effects of treatment abate. You both need a break and something to look forward to.  

CM 

stay strong!  

stay strong!