lost my mom

Hello everyone. I lost my mom to leukemia this past Saturday. She fought her battle for a year and a half. During this time I was diagnosed with uterine cancer and my aunt was diagnosed with stage four breast cancer. I am in remission now. I am having a very difficult time with all of this and wasn't sure where my post would fit in at. I wasn't able to see my mother much before she passed away as I am healing from my surgery and live in another state. I am thankful my cancer was found early but when all three of us had it together I was ok. Now I feel this tremendous amount of guilt and sorrow because I lost my mom and eventually will lose my aunt whom I am extremely close too. I'm at a loss for words. I started counseling a few weeks ago because I am depressed most of the time and have developed insomnia. My friends and family do not really understand what I am going through. I just keep hearing I should be happy that I am in remission. But they don't understand how it feels that there were 3 of us fighting together. Now I feel alone and akward. I am barely surviving these days without having breakdowns. Sorry if I am rambling I just don't know how to get through all of this right now. 

Comments

• grandmafay
    grandmafay Member Posts: 1,633 Member
    Sorry

I am so sorry that you are going through the sorrow of losing you mother. it sounds like you have had to endure a lot while taking care of your own brush with cancer. The fact that you are in remission doesn't change your grief for the loss of your mother. I'm glad you are getting counseling. Grieving is hard work and you are also already grieving the expected death of your aunt as well. I know that nothing I write can really help, but know that there are many here who have some understanding of what you are going through. Take care, Fay

p.s. Who is the cutie in the chair?