Call me crazy

poopergirl14052
poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
edited September 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1

I have been in chemo for just about three years now.and I know what it is. I have asked several people what they were on..they had no idea...some didn't want to know! Are they crazy....the most important med they are given...I was just dumbfounded , have any of you come across this? Hope you are are well....me still recovering from surgery and now have a cold....staying indoors most of time...only go in my yard. Have scan coming next week...need a break...stay strong.    

Comments

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    What??

You got to be kidding me!   How can anyone let a facility just pumped stuff in them without knowing what it is.   I haven't come across this and I hope I don't - lol.

I hope you get rid of your cold quickly.  Its bad enough getting back from surgery without having to deal with a cold too.  I will be thinking of you on your upcoming scan.   Hang in there!

Kathy

• Alexandra
    Alexandra Member Posts: 1,308
    Good luck with your scans next week Val!

Everyone I talked to knew the name of the chemo drug(s) they were getting. For some reason everyone also "remembers the drill...Benadryl". Almost no one knew their chemo dosage or exact names of pre-chemo anti-emetics and steroids.

• lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Alexandra said:

Good luck with your scans next week Val!

Everyone I talked to knew the name of the chemo drug(s) they were getting. For some reason everyone also "remembers the drill...Benadryl". Almost no one knew their chemo dosage or exact names of pre-chemo anti-emetics and steroids.

Hi Val

It's hard to understand why people choose to not know what kinds of drugs are flowing through their body.  I hope your cold is much better (rats, we are definitely in the cold and flu season now!) and you get good results from your scans.

Warmly,

Kelly

• kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    I know

what chemo I have received but I sometimes feel I don't know much else about my cancer.  I read the pathology after my surgery in 2010 but have forgotten what I read and can't find the report.  You ladies have a lot of knowledge, I probably prefer to keep my head in the sand.

As always, wish you the best, Val.

Karen