Folfox 9th cycle

Yolllmbs
Yolllmbs Member Posts: 360 Member
edited September 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Well ladies and gentleman- It's that magical time again.  Chemo round 9.  I have a meeting with my oncologist today, who will nod his head when I complain and say let's just keep going.  I know I can do more.  So far the challenge has been big but not undoable.  I have 4 more to go.  Thanks to everyone who prepared me.  The first 6 went pretty well.  The last one made me very very tired and lethargic.  Lazy is not in my bones but it's definately in my chemo!  Love you all and have you in my prayers.  Seems like just yesterday I typed my first nessage on the board.

Yolanda

Update:

The oncologist reduced the oxaliplatin by 20%.  He also gave me an Iv vitamin boost. The bottle comes off Thursday but this one feels like it already counts. 

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Keep on going

Four more. Doesn't that sound wonderful! And next time, three, two, one and then you'll be looking back at the whole sorry experience. 

Be lazy, and get the rest. Your body is telling you something when you expereince that overwhelming lethargy. Its telling you that it needs rest in order to fight. 

Cyber hugs!

Sue - Trubrit

• fatbob2010
    fatbob2010 Member Posts: 467 Member

Let your body rest, your not lazy!

As Sue said soon this whole sorry mess will be behind you.

Blessings,

Art

• Easyflip
    Easyflip Member Posts: 588 Member
    Look at you!

You're stronger than you think. You can power through this and look back on this bump in the road. You'll be good, I feel it.

• Yolllmbs
    Yolllmbs Member Posts: 360 Member
    Amazing

Journey with all of your support you guys rock!!!  Sue you've been so right on!  One step in front of the other.  Finishing this round and three more to go!  I've decided to make it my mission to meet as many of you who want to meet. I'm going to be a traveling chemo survivor with lots of real hugs to deliver! Love the cyber hugs but I want the real ones!

signing out for the night

Yolanda

• Phil64
    Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member
    Count them DOWN.  I go in

Count them DOWN.  I go in tomorrow for Treatment 2 of 6. That will actually be my 25th treatment in two years. you are not alone In this fight! Together we will get through it!

• Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Phil64 said:

Count them DOWN.  I go in

Count them DOWN.  I go in tomorrow for Treatment 2 of 6. That will actually be my 25th treatment in two years. you are not alone In this fight! Together we will get through it!

The last two were the

The last two were the roughest for me. I had a two hour commute and I worked extra 2-4 hours to make up for my chemo days. 1 hr to work, one hour to chemo, then 30 minutes home. I couldn't do the 30 minutes the last two times. 

Hang in there, you are doing great. 

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    Good luck with #9. Think of

Good luck with #9. Think of it this way. After this treatment you will be 75% of the way there.