Stopping Arimedex

Options
Tlkring
Tlkring Member Posts: 1

Has anyone experience emotional outbursts since taking Arimedex? 

Comments

• Josie21
    Josie21 Member Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Arimidex

I felt miserable on Arimidex!! Very bad joint pain and depression.  I felt like I was an old lady at 45. The good news is, I was switched to Aromasin and felt much better.  Still had the joint pain, but my emotional state improved drastically.  It's crazy how each drug affects us in different ways.  It also amazes me that when you ask your doctor about the side effects of these medications they dismiss them, but when you go on cancer survivor boards like this many people share the same symptoms. 

Hugs,

Ginny

• MrsBob
    MrsBob Member Posts: 77
    Options
    Hi!
    Oh my goodness, I thought

Hi!

Oh my goodness, I thought it was just me! I have been fighting a "down" feeling for months!!! I have absolutely nothing to be down about and everything go be happy about but still...I fight it. I have to give myself pep talks and yes, sometimes I throw fits and feel like a toddler. 

I am one year In remission from my THIRD round of cancer since 1999. I have taken three vacations this summer. We bought a new lovely home in a quiant little neighborhood. Wonderful husband and loving family. Nothing to be depressed about and still I had such a down feeling. A sadness. 

I will ask my Onc about the other med mentioned but I am doing so well with keeping my cancer at bay that I dont want to ruin that.

Thanks for sharing! It helps to know im not just a total grouch now. Blame it on the meds!!! :D

• cati0314
    cati0314 Member Posts: 203
    Options
    Arimidex

I don't know if its the arimidex which I've been on for 4+years shortly after finishing treatments and surgery I began having panic attacks and depression that won't go away!  I have everything to live for and can't stop the depression and lack of energy.

Best,

Sharon

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    i had a hard. time on Femara
    Which onco said is the sister of arimadex, unbearable muscle and joint pain, cranky and down. He didnt want to but did switch me to Aromasin. I waited a month to start it until the pain and overall not right feelinvs went away. At first he didnt say it was the Femara, but when I walked in the pain drs offi e she took one look at me and asked when I started Femaraor Arimadex. Then I knew it was thr meds.
    Main se of Aromison si dry mouth.