Hello Sweet Pinks

Options
natly15
natly15 Member Posts: 1,941

It has been a while since I last logged on to CSN and when I do, it brings back so many memories. both the good and the not so good. I will be forever grateful to this website it was my only support while going thru treatment. I remember the fear of the unknown, going into unchartered waters and you gals guided me thru it all. We have since moved from Central Florida to South Florida to be closer to our sons and our 5 grandchildren ages 7 down to 13 months. It has been an absolute delight. I had some health setbacks this past Spring with a hernia from a colonectomy I had in Jan of 2013. I'm once again on the mend and slowly getting back energy but my brain is still a little foggy. I blame everything on chemo but some of it could be age. Foot in Mouth   I see our beautiful Vicki Sam still on the boards. I miss you gals but am happy to say it's been 5 years since my dx and hubby and I are living life to the max each day. Happy Autumn. Love and Hugs.   Natly 15   (sandy)

Comments

• Puffin2014
    Puffin2014 Member Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    congrats

I'm new enough here that I don't know you from before, but congrats on your 5 years. Hearing stories like yours is an inspiration to those of us just starting the journey.

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    Good to hear from you....nice

Good to hear from you....nice you are closer to family..

Denise

• sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Hello, Sandy!

it's so nice to see your post. I'm sorry for your setbacks, but it looks like you are on the mend and certainly enjoying being close to family.

i was on the same time you were. It'll be 5 years for me, too. Nice to have a 'class reunion'!

Sue

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Hello, Sandy!

it's so nice to see your post. I'm sorry for your setbacks, but it looks like you are on the mend and certainly enjoying being close to family.

i was on the same time you were. It'll be 5 years for me, too. Nice to have a 'class reunion'!

Sue

Hello Sandy

Very happy to see your post.

Hugs to you

Olga

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandy

Hi Sandy.....really related to what you said on your page about the strange reactions of some people when they learn you have cancer.  When I did my Radiation a guy at work wanted to know if I was going to be Radioactive....geez....   When I was was young the word Cancer was not said aloud....it had to be whispered....and the Doctors did not tell the patients when they had it...they told the family instead and everyone got ready for the Grim Reaper to show up.   At least today Breast Cancer is not a total death sentence anymore...with good luck and a fighting spirit, many of us are living lots of years.  My sister in law died within 2 years after her diagnosis in 1986...and even though she fought a valient fight...even did the bone marrow transplant thing...(and flew to M. D. Anderson for her treatment)...but it was not to be and she died too young at the age of 56.  You are blessed to have your husband and what sounds like a wonderful family.....I wish you the best in this awful journey we are on....I live in Florida now too but in the Northern part....  Glo

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    hi Sandy.

Makes me happy when pinks check in when they are doing so well. I believe it.gives everyone , especially new bees, much needed hope.  Even better when you check in and are really living!  So all of you who have completed your treatments, thank you and congratulations on continuing your marathon dance with Ned.

Hugs,

Carol