Options
2»

Comments

• Ouch_Ouch_Ouch
    Ouch_Ouch_Ouch Member Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    sandysp said:

William Hurt in The Doctor

Your post, about learning from this experience Sweepea reminded me that I noticed this old film The Doctor with William Hurt (1991) was on HBO today and remembered how much I liked it back then. It describes a doctor who was not empathetic with his patients until he was diagnosed with cancer.

Our oncologists and radiologists are heros for getting us through our treatments without killing us, and bringing us into remission. They need to move on and help the people they can help. Most of them just feel helpless, I think, when we tell them about the side effects of the treatment. That's why rehabilitation is so important and the people who give us rehabilitation deserve our business. There are so many simple things we can do for ourselves that really help but we need to be taught and given support to get past the feelings of hopelessness and despair. 

My caretakers have shown tremendous patience with me and as a result, in so many ways, I am better than I was before, even though I have a growth on my lung. I still am better in every way but that and who knows, maybe I am still repairable:-)

Thanks for sharing with us the tremendous progress you have made. You are very inspirational to me.

Please stick around. There are a lot of people who need you.

Sincerely,

Sandy

Ditto

Sweatpea, I concur with sandysp. You have accomplished a lot in s brief time. Please do stay close by.

• Sweatpea
    Sweatpea Member Posts: 11
    Options
    sandysp said:

William Hurt in The Doctor

Your post, about learning from this experience Sweepea reminded me that I noticed this old film The Doctor with William Hurt (1991) was on HBO today and remembered how much I liked it back then. It describes a doctor who was not empathetic with his patients until he was diagnosed with cancer.

Our oncologists and radiologists are heros for getting us through our treatments without killing us, and bringing us into remission. They need to move on and help the people they can help. Most of them just feel helpless, I think, when we tell them about the side effects of the treatment. That's why rehabilitation is so important and the people who give us rehabilitation deserve our business. There are so many simple things we can do for ourselves that really help but we need to be taught and given support to get past the feelings of hopelessness and despair. 

My caretakers have shown tremendous patience with me and as a result, in so many ways, I am better than I was before, even though I have a growth on my lung. I still am better in every way but that and who knows, maybe I am still repairable:-)

Thanks for sharing with us the tremendous progress you have made. You are very inspirational to me.

Please stick around. There are a lot of people who need you.

Sincerely,

Sandy

So sweet Say

I have been at it again (lost in this new sometime not fun space. And got depressed again) I have been working so hard to understand the things I can do for myself and looking for that caretaker that can help. It gets a bit tiring to say the least. And I have found myself wallowing again but this time before it turned into full scale in bed with covers over the head I look at the sight and read all of your wander ful suport that is so freely given it makes one feel like they can get out of bed and keep trying to find a spot in this weird world we find us in. Then this morning of all moring I was not getting out of bed I looked on sight and wasn't excepting at all to find suport on my leg here. Wow was it the shot in the arm I needed. I want u to know how much you helped me this day to blow my nose and wipe the tears and get out of bed and keep looking and working and loving my life just how it is right now. Thank you and iam not going anywhere thank u for pulling me in.

• qv62
    qv62 Member Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Sweatpea said:

So sweet Say

I have been at it again (lost in this new sometime not fun space. And got depressed again) I have been working so hard to understand the things I can do for myself and looking for that caretaker that can help. It gets a bit tiring to say the least. And I have found myself wallowing again but this time before it turned into full scale in bed with covers over the head I look at the sight and read all of your wander ful suport that is so freely given it makes one feel like they can get out of bed and keep trying to find a spot in this weird world we find us in. Then this morning of all moring I was not getting out of bed I looked on sight and wasn't excepting at all to find suport on my leg here. Wow was it the shot in the arm I needed. I want u to know how much you helped me this day to blow my nose and wipe the tears and get out of bed and keep looking and working and loving my life just how it is right now. Thank you and iam not going anywhere thank u for pulling me in.

sweatpea

One day at a time, I still have lots of days where I am down in the dumps but I keep trying to pick my head up and stay positive knowing that most of what we are going through now is temporary. If I think about my life pre-treatment I get very down on my optimisim but if I think about when I was at rock bottom towards the end of treatment and the pains I endured, the hospital stay, etc... I realize how well I am doing compared to those days, and how I have gotten better and will continue to get even better than this, Yes I know there will be setbacks and bad days but again, take it one day at a time. Take care of you now, rest, nutrition, hydration and surround yourself with those you love, even if it's a long distance phone call with an old friend. Hang in there and feel better.