Revised plan: 2nd pancreatic biopsy on Wednesday

Options
CypressCynthia
CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member

My onc thought I should listen to the gi surgeon and have the second endoscopic us of the pancreas.  GI wants to do it in the hospital and have the pathologist in the room and keep getting samples until the pathologist feels like they got a good one.  BTW, my pancreatic enzymes and blood glucose remain high since late July.  Before then all pancreatic labs were normal.

If he can't get a positive specimen, we are doing the liver biopsy next.

Chemo is on hold right now - probably because all liver enzymes are also very high.

I am still itching like crzy and having pretty bad left sided pain.  I complained to my onc that I can't tolerate my pain meds (even low doses), because, even with zofran, I feel nauseated.  Onc asked me why I wasn't taking my marinol to help with nausea and I said I didn't like feeling stoned.  He then looked at Danny and I told him not to ask Danny because I know he prefers me stoned.  Danny piped up and said, "Yeah, and then I can listen to the Allman Brothers and she likes them."

Well, I refuse to listen to the Allman Brothers, but I guess I do prefer stoned to pain, so I will temporarily be spaced out (more than usual dear ones) until we get the new chemo going.  Even more unfair, onc put me on low carbs.  How fair is that - marinol and low carbs?

Send good thoughts/prayers/whatever you have on Wednesday. Love you all lots!

Comments

• tufi000
    tufi000 Member Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    ya

Stoned is recommended.  Spirit sitting on your shoulder dear one

Sherry

• Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Will be thinking of you

Good luck on Wednesday!  I'll be sending positive vibes your way.  So sorry you are having to deal with this.  Ugh.  Stoned?  I'm okay with that but low carbs (shudder)? Now THAT is absolutely not fair!!  May you quickly get past this block in the road and find a big bowl of pasta waiting for you there.  Hang in there.  I know you are strong.

Clementine

• RozHopkins
    RozHopkins Member Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Well at least it's legally

Well at least it's legally stoned.  Sorry you are going through it right now and chemo to come too.  You sound like one strong lady with a hubby who has a sense of humor.  I had forgotten about The Allman Brothers, used to love them.......  thinking of you.

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    Hope Wednesday
    comes out clear. I tried the medicinal chocolate bar. Amazing, I dont get nausrated or feel stoned, and it actually helps with the breakthru pain. Dont know if it is legal in Louisiana, but it sure helps. Iy is not legal here, but it is in CA. I dont like feeling stoned and with that ai didn't.
    Hugs and prayers, and enjoy the music....you will just think you are still a teen!
    Carol
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options
    Positive thoughts for you on Wednesday

Will be thinking of you Wednesday.  I didn't like marinol either but if it helps, use it.

Doris

• Josie21
    Josie21 Member Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    SIROD said:

Positive thoughts for you on Wednesday

Will be thinking of you Wednesday.  I didn't like marinol either but if it helps, use it.

Doris

Thinking of you

You will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers on Wednesday.  

Hugs and positive thoughts coming your way!!

Ginny

• sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Marinol and low carbs, oh dear...

hopping they get good samples and figure it all out. Love you! Pink buses will be rolling - remember ladies - low carbs!!!

sue

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Marinol and low carbs, oh dear...

hopping they get good samples and figure it all out. Love you! Pink buses will be rolling - remember ladies - low carbs!!!

sue

Coming with you

Coming with you. We will get biopcy samples and hope they all are good ones

Hugs 

• rutzetta
    rutzetta Member Posts: 174
    Options
    In my thoughts

You will be in my prayers. I hope for the best news possible. 

Constance

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    rutzetta said:

In my thoughts

You will be in my prayers. I hope for the best news possible. 

Constance

Good luck tomorrow

I do hope they get a good sample.  I don't know what I hope for the results to be - well of course benign.  Here in California you would be able to get that chocolate bar Carol is describing.  Can you get a version of something in Louisiani that won't make you feel stoned?  He didn't say NO carbs.   Have Danny make some flourless cake/brownies (search for recipe online) and sweeten with stevia or an artificial sweetener.  Also ricotta cheese with cocoa powder and artificial sweetener might satisfy the munchies. 

You will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow.  I hate that this is happening to you.

Suzanne

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Good luck tomorrow

I do hope they get a good sample.  I don't know what I hope for the results to be - well of course benign.  Here in California you would be able to get that chocolate bar Carol is describing.  Can you get a version of something in Louisiani that won't make you feel stoned?  He didn't say NO carbs.   Have Danny make some flourless cake/brownies (search for recipe online) and sweeten with stevia or an artificial sweetener.  Also ricotta cheese with cocoa powder and artificial sweetener might satisfy the munchies. 

You will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow.  I hate that this is happening to you.

Suzanne

CC ...

I am there with the other Sisters in PINK - can't imagine being anywhere else.  Gentle hugs, positive thoughts and prayers that what needs to be found/seen, discovered during this procedure.  

Your continued endurance, strength and courage INSPIRES me -  God bless you dear dear CC.

Vicki Sam

• TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

CC ...

I am there with the other Sisters in PINK - can't imagine being anywhere else.  Gentle hugs, positive thoughts and prayers that what needs to be found/seen, discovered during this procedure.  

Your continued endurance, strength and courage INSPIRES me -  God bless you dear dear CC.

Vicki Sam

So not fair -- Allman Brothers AND no pasta?!?

Oh my, Eileen -- I'm really, really sending every positive thought I have down South to you that your doctors will sort everything out and come up with a good plan for you soon.  

I mean...PET scans and biopsies and drugs and more drugs for the side effects of the first drugs and itching and jaundice are all bad enough -- but now you can't have pasta and have to listen to the Allman Brothers?!?  For heaven's sakes -- aren't there Geneva Convention rules about that sort of torture?

Smile Big hug to you,

Traci

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Well Hell

Have been off almost a week.........and was sure hoping to hear better news than this ....  keeping you in prayer tomorrow........we all are praying.....even back here on the East Coast.

• Pixie Dust
    Pixie Dust Member Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Hope all goes well

CC, hope all goes well with all tests and treatments. You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Hugs, Pixie