FOLFOXIRI/bev Treatment 1

Options
Phil64
Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member

I'm on the tail end of treatment 1 of FOLFOXIRI/bev.  I have to say this was the hardest on me compared to FOFOX and FOLFIRI/Erbitux treatments in the past. I had a lot of nausea/vomiting over Friday and Saturday. It was very hard to eat anything. Managed to eat some saltines and mashed potatoes. 

I feel a ton better this morning. I had a pancake and a little real maple syrup. And an orange.

I have to go back to UMHS for a Neulasta shot tomorrow.

Any suggestions on what to eat? 

I'm so happy that the nausea seems to have passed. Although I still feel very weak, timid. 

Blessings to to you all my friends.

Phik

l

Comments

• Yolllmbs
    Yolllmbs Member Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Glad

You're on the other side of treatment one. I hope they can figure out a method to stop the nausea and vomiting. When my tummy is acting up I stay bland. Bananas, apple sauce, rice, sweet potatoes. For me, going from surgery to folfox, my body doesn't tolerate a lot of foods well. I just keep trying different things. Good luck with your treatment. One down!

Yolanda

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    Hugs, Phil

I'm sorry your first treatment was so rough on you. Here's hoping that it doesn't continue. How many are you going to get? 

I was very lucky not to feel too much nausea during my FOLFOX. When I did, I always had a bowl of Cheerios by my side, and I would pop a few in my mouth on a regular basis. 

I am so sorry you are on the chemo again. 

SUE - TRUBRIT

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    Ugh, Phil, I'm so sorry.

Nausea and vomiting was the worst part of chemo for me.  What are they giving you to control it?

I went through every possible medication, including the so-called gold standard Emend, but the only thing that worked was high doses of Ativan.  Very cheap and effective.  I found that if I started taking it before the nausea hit, it really helped a lot.

• Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options

Ugh, Phil, I'm so sorry.

Nausea and vomiting was the worst part of chemo for me.  What are they giving you to control it?

I went through every possible medication, including the so-called gold standard Emend, but the only thing that worked was high doses of Ativan.  Very cheap and effective.  I found that if I started taking it before the nausea hit, it really helped a lot.

The ONLY two things I could

The ONLY two things I could eat were a quesadilla and a flour tortilla filled with lightly fried and salted potatoes. 

My my sister would bring them to me, nice and warm. I was so surprised. Probably because they are bland foods. 

Room temp  lemonaide made  with honey And lemons 

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Im glad you are feeling

Im glad you are feeling better. That is one chemo cocktail that has really scared me. 

• Phil64
    Options
    Trubrit said:

Hugs, Phil

I'm sorry your first treatment was so rough on you. Here's hoping that it doesn't continue. How many are you going to get? 

I was very lucky not to feel too much nausea during my FOLFOX. When I did, I always had a bowl of Cheerios by my side, and I would pop a few in my mouth on a regular basis. 

SUE - TRUBRIT

Sue,
    Thank you for the

Sue,

Thank you for the suggestion regarding Cherios.  My wife packed a bag of mini saltines and I did begin to use those.

I managed to not get sick during FOLFOX and during FOLFIRI. Top side effects from avastin are nausea, vomiting, diareha. Unfortunately I had all of them plus the usual exhaustion.

I'm feeling a ton better today. I'm going to work some today as well.

That was treatment 1 of 6.  

• Phil64
    Options

Im glad you are feeling

Im glad you are feeling better. That is one chemo cocktail that has really scared me. 

Jeff, I look at it this way.

Jeff, I look at it this way. It is worth the risk. I can endure the "flu like stuff."  Especially if that is how to achieve remission. 

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Phil64 said:

Jeff, I look at it this way.

Jeff, I look at it this way. It is worth the risk. I can endure the "flu like stuff."  Especially if that is how to achieve remission. 

So true Phil.

So true Phil.

• Easyflip
    Easyflip Member Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Trubrit said:

Hugs, Phil

SUE - TRUBRIT

That's tough Phil

1 of 6 out of the way, you'll be done before you know it. I don't know if it's legal in your state but marijuana  is an anti nausea drug. Vaporize it, don't smoke it. It's also available in prescription pill form - marinol. I envision the chemo drugs purging my body of cancer cells, it's worth the side effects. I hope your nausea improves.

Richard