New here -Looking for support - from breast to uterus?

Options
2»

Comments

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    Options

A lot on your plate

Pinky -

Thank you for sharing the information with me, and the encouragement.  I just asked about what UPSC means - but it does not sound too good.  I'm glad that you feel ok - and hope that the 9/15 visit is a positive one.  

Sorry to hear about your friends with kids issues.  Yep, stress certainly affects health.  One to one correspondence.  I try to stay above the fray as my kids "stuff" has always been here - but now that they are getting older, it is harder; you would think it would be the other way around.  I love them so much - and I am so tired, if that makes sense.  

My immediate family (parents are alive) are of the opinion that you have a problem, you brush it off and keep going.  With the breast cancer, that is what happened and actually it all worked out for the best.  No one was crying, or moaning - but a small side of me wanted a hug.  But in my family, it was all gone and done with.  The theory being that we cannot ever be a burden to each other.  My son's mental health issues - family say he should just get on with it; my daughter's anorexia - she should just eat.  I gain strength from friends outside of my parents; sister is in the UK and my brother has MS. But again, my families take on it is "it could be worse".

And that is true, in some ways.  I love that the name of this group is "survivors" - I consider myself one and am honored to be helped by others who see themselves that way too.  

But it can just suck.  The medical bills - right now I read that there is a new program (?) where your credit can be affected less?  My son's hospitalization in Jan was for 9 days - I had good co-payment for that one, and now it is the outpatient co-pay visits that are tough.  My daughter's inpatient stay was covered (weird with anorexia - look it up!) but her day treatment program was exorbitant - she sees a nutritionist and psychologist once a week, and has physical therapy 2 times a week.  She sees the medical doc and psychiatrist monthly. So the bills cannot be increased by me!

Take care - you sound strong!

Livelovebelieve

You are dealing with so much as it is and now this situation with your symptoms and an elevated CA 125.  I hope that your ultrasound will show nothing as serious as cancer.  I had cancer symptoms one day only when I discovered 2 bright red blood spots on my underwear and almost ignored the symptoms. Fortunately, I didn't and had a Pap test and ultrasound within 2 weeks. Although rarely does this happen from a Pap test, mine showed that I likely had uterine cancer.  I had a hysterectomy, etc., and eventually learned that I had UPSC, stage 3A.  I am praying that you do not have cancer, let alone this aggressive and rare type.  You mentioned that your children have disabilities. Have you applied for the Medicaid Waiver program for your son, which provides many services to individuals with developmental disabilities including respite care?  Has the local community mental health center assisted you with the care of your daughter? Do your children collect Social Security benefits, have Medicaid and/or Medicare?  It must be very difficult for you to cope with your family's belief that your children can just simply change by willpower alone. If only life could be that easy! 

Wishing you the best, Cathy