Latest scan results

Options
thaxter
thaxter Member Posts: 124

So I had two weeks of IL-2 in March and stability for several months.  Finished another week of IL-2 on 8/3/2014 but the scan upon entering the hospital did show progression.  Only got three doses during that week with creatinine of 5 and even 6.  Yesterday (9/3/2014) I had another CT scan and another appt with the doc.  My scans are done with just the Omnipaque--no IV contrast as my normal creatinine is 2.0.   Doc's informal read of the scans show just a few mm growth in one nodule and the others completely unchanged.  I was really expecting to go on to the next course of treament--probably Votrient--but I'm on drug holiday until the end of October when we scan again.  So it's been a year since my nephrectomy and nine months since they found lung mets and I've no other treatments other than the three weeks of IL-2.  Not NED or shrinkage, but I'll take it.

Comments

• sblairc
    sblairc Member Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Stability

Unchanged is good, right? Does it take a while for the results of IL2 to demonstrate shrinkage? Enjoy your drug holiday, I'm glad you got a shot at iL2 and made it through. WIth the new drugs being approved, we all have a lot to be thankful for. 

• a_oaklee
    a_oaklee Member Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    congrats

Stability is great!  Enjoy the break from all meds.  Yeah!  Nice pic.

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    a_oaklee said:

congrats

Stability is great!  Enjoy the break from all meds.  Yeah!  Nice pic.

Sounds pretty good, Thaxter!

Sounds pretty good, Thaxter! Glad to hear from you!

Hugs

Jojo

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    Options
    Jojo61 said:

Sounds pretty good, Thaxter!

Sounds pretty good, Thaxter! Glad to hear from you!

Hugs

Jojo

There has been evidence

that after having Il-2, other drugs seem more effective. Don't quote me on that, but I'm sure that has been discussed in the past.  One Putt, has mentioned it. I certainly believe it.