Scheduled D&C

Hi ladies-

I just had the absolute worst period of my life. I'm 43 years old and have a very normal cycle, like clockwork. My period dragged on for 10 days with very large cLots. I have a history of a thickened endometrium. These ultrasounds were done mid cycle.  The bleeding and clots  were so bad I went to the ER.  They did both abdominal and transvaginal ultrasounds.  They found a cyst  on each ovary and the endometrium was at 9mm. It was 11mm Feb of 2013. No masses, no "oh ****" moments like the nurse said. I have no pain, no cramping...nothing. My gynecologist wants to do a D&C just to clean things up and of course biopsy. 

I'm worried and uneasy. My hubby says to not create issues until we know we have one.

any thoughts please!?

thank you

anita

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,353 Member
    Anita, take a breath. Your

Anita, take a breath. Your husband has a good point of waiting and seeing what you are dealing with and the D&C should help do that. I would ask your gyn to find out what the cyst on your ovary is too.  It is ok to push for answers as it is your life and some doctors value it as much as you, others?  Don't get ahead of yourself here, I am sure you may be very nervous because of your mother (I read your bio) but everyone is different.  Make sure your doctor knows your mother's history as well.

• Anita1216
    Anita1216 Member Posts: 58

Anita, take a breath. Your

Anita, take a breath. Your husband has a good point of waiting and seeing what you are dealing with and the D&C should help do that. I would ask your gyn to find out what the cyst on your ovary is too.  It is ok to push for answers as it is your life and some doctors value it as much as you, others?  Don't get ahead of yourself here, I am sure you may be very nervous because of your mother (I read your bio) but everyone is different.  Make sure your doctor knows your mother's history as well.

Thank you for replying. I'm

Thank you for replying. I'm just feeling rather anxious. What I watched my mother go through was so difficult and terrifying. 

Im just going to get through the procedure and keep positive thoughts as best I can. I didn't want to wait for another period so they are trying to get things moving quickly. 

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    Anita1216 said:

Thank you for replying. I'm

Thank you for replying. I'm just feeling rather anxious. What I watched my mother go through was so difficult and terrifying. 

Im just going to get through the procedure and keep positive thoughts as best I can. I didn't want to wait for another period so they are trying to get things moving quickly. 

I agree

I agree, Anita, with NoTimeForCancer and your husband in that you are getting ahead of yourself and thinking the worst.  You are likely not dealing with cancer as there are other reasons why you are having the symptoms you are experiencing.  Understandably, given you Mom's cancer, you are worried.  Try to get your mind off of worrying by thinking pleasant thoughts.  When I am frightened or worried, I like to imagine that I am on sitting on a beach blanket listening to the sounds of the ocean waves lapping the shore.  That seems to calm me.   How is your Mom doing today?

Best Wishes,

Cathy

• Anita1216
    My mom passed away September

My mom passed away September 10, 2011. Her final diagnosis was Metastatic Cervical Cancer, with mets to the rectum, bladder, and peritoneum. She was already so sick, the odds were stacked way against her. She had stage 3 cervical cancer in 1992 and managed to kick those odds. I am still so proud of her, the fight and spirit she showed through it all.

• Anita1216

My mom passed away September 10, 2011. Her final diagnosis was Metastatic Cervical Cancer, with mets to the rectum, bladder, and peritoneum. She was already so sick, the odds were stacked way against her. She had stage 3 cervical cancer in 1992 and managed to kick those odds. I am still so proud of her, the fight and spirit she showed through it all.

• Abbycat2
    Anita1216 said:

Anita, my condolences

Anita,

I am glad that you had your Mom for a time after her diagnosis, but am sorry to hear of your loss.  It is remarkable that she was cancer free for so many years.  I lost my mother from Alzheimer's Disease in 2007 and I miss her each and everyday of my life.  She was 93-years-old and I am grateful that I moved to Florida to be able to help care for her.  She lived with my father until she passed away.  As difficult as her diagnosis was, I have fond memories of her last few years.  My Dad passed away almost two weeks after I learned last November that I had Stage 3A UPSC.  I had yet to tell him that his youngest daughter-me- had cancer.  Perhaps it was meant to be that way.  As silly as this may seem, especially at my age, at times I am reminded that I am now an orphan......

Cathy

• Anita1216
    It's difficult living without

It's difficult living without her even now. She raised 5 of us on her own, never complained. That woman had a spine of steel. She was 66 when she passed away.

Im so sorry for the loss of both of your parents, I don't think we ever get over feeling like orphans.

My D&C is scheduled for tomorrow morning at 10:30. I will be relieved to have that step out of the way.

Thank you so much for the kindness, it means so very much.

• Abbycat2
    Anita1216 said:

It's difficult living without

It's difficult living without her even now. She raised 5 of us on her own, never complained. That woman had a spine of steel. She was 66 when she passed away.

Im so sorry for the loss of both of your parents, I don't think we ever get over feeling like orphans.

My D&C is scheduled for tomorrow morning at 10:30. I will be relieved to have that step out of the way.

Thank you so much for the kindness, it means so very much.

Thank you, Anita

I wish you the very best with your D&C tomorrow.  Thank you for your kind words.

Cathy

• Anita1216
    D&C went well. My Dr.  didn't

D&C went well. My Dr.  didn't see anything of concern. Just have to wait on the biopsies. Thank you all for such kindness. I will let you know the results. 

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,353 Member
    Anita1216 said:

D&C went well. My Dr.  didn't see anything of concern. Just have to wait on the biopsies. Thank you all for such kindness. I will let you know the results. 

Great news!!! Try to relax

Great news!!! Try to relax and have a nice weekend.

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Anita1216 said:

Great!

Happy for you for how well your procedure went!