Ever wonder why we come here?

aysemari
aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
edited August 2014 in Breast Cancer #1

Hi sisters,

I sure missed you all.  I can't believe where this adventure called life has taken me.

I have been keeping tabs on everyone, though sometimes words fail me. I want to reach

out to my sisters in the trenches and hopefully make you feel just a touch better. I often

wondered why I come here and can't stay away, then I found this video and I knew. 

We are all here to be danced, we share so much raw emotion with each other, this is

for you my sisters, Carol and Olga,Heather and Eileen and anyone else who is having a hard time. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86nA_ZSAfN0&feature=youtu.be

Love you much

Comments

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    Thank you so much

What a great and upbeat post yours is........thank you so much.

I think we come here to tell our stories and hope that others will see that there is hope.....and to NEVER Give Up***

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Ayse

I see your name come up and I first get excited to hear how you are doing, then I get a little nervous and open your post with a little trepidation, then I just get a smile on my face because you are back because you are thinking about all of us (and I know you are just missing us!), then the smile gets a little bigger because I know that you are "living your life, bring busy, and hopefully healthy being a newlywed!
    I will open the link, but still want to know how you are doing. You have done so much since first meeting you! Hope you and Freddy are happy and well!
    Love you too!
    Carol
    On Sunday, I get to meet Suzanne(double whammy) in person which I am really looking forward to!

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    camul said:

Ayse

I see your name come up and I first get excited to hear how you are doing, then I get a little nervous and open your post with a little trepidation, then I just get a smile on my face because you are back because you are thinking about all of us (and I know you are just missing us!), then the smile gets a little bigger because I know that you are "living your life, bring busy, and hopefully healthy being a newlywed!
    I will open the link, but still want to know how you are doing. You have done so much since first meeting you! Hope you and Freddy are happy and well!
    Love you too!
    Carol
    On Sunday, I get to meet Suzanne(double whammy) in person which I am really looking forward to!

Thanks for you post

Ayse

you know I miss you . You always make me wonder ... I am glad you are full of adventures 

big thank you and hugs

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member

Thanks for you post

Ayse

you know I miss you . You always make me wonder ... I am glad you are full of adventures 

big thank you and hugs

Amazing!!!

I was just thinking about you the day before, wondering how you're doing, and poof, there you are!!

i went to the link and watched the poem -- great!

Nice to see you back.

xoxo

Victoria

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Love it and love you and I am

Love it and love you and I am always light up when I see your name. Smile

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Love it and love you and I am

Love it and love you and I am always light up when I see your name. Smile

My little Sister, Aysemari

like so many Sisters here (family members), I too get all giddy when I see your name pop up.  Thank you for the wonderful post - and checking in with us.

We hold you close to our heart, and wish the very best for you, and Freddie.

Love you,

Vicki Sam

• aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Amongs kindred spirits

Hello Kindreds, I am so stoked to see some of my favorite ladies' responses. 

I promise I will be better in posting. You have no idea what whirl wind my life

has become (:

Now hold on to your chairs for this one, me, the person terrified of dogs, has now 5,yes

you heard correct, 5 DOGS!! And 4 cats, and miraculously, still my husband.. lol

We just went through hell and lots anxiety, stress and hard work but we now own the

house of our dreams. A 206 year old house that is... We have been working like dogs, day

in day out to fix it and it looks amazing. THAT said, if any of you are ever in the area or are

just looking for an excuse to come east, please be my guest. Nestled between NYC and Boston

it is a great place to visit. Our house is sandwiched between two nature conservacies and we

have miles of trails, that we can access straight from our back yard. I am in heaven, and best

of all so is Freddy, my 5 dogs and 4 cats. I walk every day for 2 miles AND they get to swim

afterwards.

I had years and years of side effects to fight and am still but heck it is worth every bit of fighting.

I Had PTSD, no doubt and I know that now but back then I just thought that something is wrong

with me. And just thought, snap out of it. But it takes years to heal... I have the most amazing 

acupuncture lady and she helps immensely with my neuropathy. There are days I feel like I am 

walking on stilts, can barely feel my feet but I push on. Because I learned that from the best of

you. 

Also one more amazing thing that I just found out,the poet above was a breast cancer survivor.

It is odd, because one day I woke up and my anxiety had lifted and I had more energy and that

night I dreamt that I was putting my skin on, just like a suit, I wiggled my toes in, my hands and

it felt so good and so realy, I woke up and was checking my toes to make sure I was all the way in...

I laughed out loud when I realized it was a dream. And that day a friend fowarded me the above

poem and that is exactly how I felt that day, vibrant and hungry for life. 

We will always be connected through our heart strings kindreds, as our dear Chenheart used to say. 

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    aysemari said:

Amongs kindred spirits

Hello Kindreds, I am so stoked to see some of my favorite ladies' responses. 

I promise I will be better in posting. You have no idea what whirl wind my life

has become (:

Now hold on to your chairs for this one, me, the person terrified of dogs, has now 5,yes

you heard correct, 5 DOGS!! And 4 cats, and miraculously, still my husband.. lol

We just went through hell and lots anxiety, stress and hard work but we now own the

house of our dreams. A 206 year old house that is... We have been working like dogs, day

in day out to fix it and it looks amazing. THAT said, if any of you are ever in the area or are

just looking for an excuse to come east, please be my guest. Nestled between NYC and Boston

it is a great place to visit. Our house is sandwiched between two nature conservacies and we

have miles of trails, that we can access straight from our back yard. I am in heaven, and best

of all so is Freddy, my 5 dogs and 4 cats. I walk every day for 2 miles AND they get to swim

afterwards.

I had years and years of side effects to fight and am still but heck it is worth every bit of fighting.

I Had PTSD, no doubt and I know that now but back then I just thought that something is wrong

with me. And just thought, snap out of it. But it takes years to heal... I have the most amazing 

acupuncture lady and she helps immensely with my neuropathy. There are days I feel like I am 

walking on stilts, can barely feel my feet but I push on. Because I learned that from the best of

you. 

Also one more amazing thing that I just found out,the poet above was a breast cancer survivor.

It is odd, because one day I woke up and my anxiety had lifted and I had more energy and that

night I dreamt that I was putting my skin on, just like a suit, I wiggled my toes in, my hands and

it felt so good and so realy, I woke up and was checking my toes to make sure I was all the way in...

I laughed out loud when I realized it was a dream. And that day a friend fowarded me the above

poem and that is exactly how I felt that day, vibrant and hungry for life. 

We will always be connected through our heart strings kindreds, as our dear Chenheart used to say. 

Courage and grace

Hi Ayse,

Congratulations with your new house and big family of dogs and cats living together Are they Niki's children? I easily picture your house and conservancies around as we live in New Jersey for several years almost at Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge

Thank you for sharing about your life. It takes of lot of courage openly talk about PTSD and many other challenges you have been facing. I am glad that you found your sole made and you both continue enjoying life and each other. Still hope your email remains the same. 

Hugs and keep posting

Olga
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Ayse

always so good to see a post from you. It will be 5 years for me next month. I still come here. Don't post much, but need to check in on those sweet ladies who helped me so much.

i understand PTSD very well. 

so happy for you, Freddy, the dogs and cats!

Sue

• natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    sbmly53 said:

Ayse

always so good to see a post from you. It will be 5 years for me next month. I still come here. Don't post much, but need to check in on those sweet ladies who helped me so much.

i understand PTSD very well. 

so happy for you, Freddy, the dogs and cats!

Sue

Hi Ayse I'm so happy that

Hi Ayse I'm so happy that life is good for you and so happy that your family has grown by leaps. You seem so very happy in the East. It is imporant to check in from time to time to say hello and let us know that all is well. (Hugs)