Skiffin Update..

Options
Skiffin16
Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member

I got the PICC line out about a week ago... Started eating and drinking again, what I can.

But at least I'm maintaining my weight.. 

The eating was rough at first, stomach aches and pains and progressive nausea..., but that has decreased. I figure maybe it was just the four months of not eating and drinking that I had to get use to again.

Of course I still have stuff seeping from the hole in my stomach...

The news on that is that my MD has finally decided to do as my onco suggested and have the fistulogram done to determine the source. Then more than likely in a week or so, go back in for another surgery to close the hole..., fingers crossed.

Thoughts and Prayers,

John

Comments

• Noellesmom
    Noellesmom Member Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    sounds like progress

Hope you get resolution soon, John.

• KTeacher
    KTeacher Member Posts: 1,103
    Options
    Better and better

Each post sounds better and better.  Hopefully next week will be the end of surgery and then on to recovery land.  I hope you and Shelley are able to rest a bit better now.  Of course you feel better when you can be out in the water on your boat, fishing.

• MarineE5
    MarineE5 Member Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    John, Thank You

Hey Leatherneck, thank you for the updates. I see you squeezed a day of fishing in there a little while ago. Did the Duty NCOIC know you were goneCool

Glad to hear the PICC is gone, I hope the problem with the seeping in your stomach gets resolved soon, so you can beat up on all those fish that have had it easy lately.

Take Care of Yourself Marine, Semper Fi

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    John, glad to hear things are

John, glad to hear things are improving.  Hate the thought of surgery but then you will finally be done, I hope and truly on the road to recovery.  Not too much more to go before you're back in the boat with line in water.  hang on just a little while longer, you've got this, John.

God bless you,

dj

• Laralyn
    Laralyn Member Posts: 532
    Options
    It's great that you're

It's great that you're maintaining your weight! We all know what a challenge that can be. It's also good that you're able to eat again. Hopefully the doctors can find the problem and get it corrected so you can move past all of this and get out fishing again!

• Goyca
    Goyca Member Posts: 220
    Options
    prayers and prayers and

prayers and prayers and prayers sent ur way :)

good luck John. I'm glad u started eating again and maintaining ur weight.

fingers crossed,

Goyca

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    update

John,

Good luck on all fronts, it sounds like you will be dialed in soon!

T&P.

Matt

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    Slow progress, but it's progress...

Glad to see you're making headway. I know you would like it to be a little faster, but you have been through so much. Glad you posted the fishing trip. We know you really enjoyed that. Keep up the progerss . Abi-normal.......

Bill

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi John

Sorry to hear all the problems with the hole but at least you are getting there little by little. I hate the sound of another surgery but if that is what it takes to get it right then so be it; will keep you and Shelly both is my prayers.

PS: The Fish are getting hungry waiting on you to get backWink

Tim

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi John

Sorry to hear all the problems with the hole but at least you are getting there little by little. I hate the sound of another surgery but if that is what it takes to get it right then so be it; will keep you and Shelly both is my prayers.

PS: The Fish are getting hungry waiting on you to get backWink

Tim

Hole

John, hoping they fix it and a quick recovery mate, Gary

• jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Some progress. Hopefully the

Some progress. Hopefully the surgery will resolve the leak. Still praying for you.

Debbie

• fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    starting

Starting to eat and maintaining weight. love that news. 

thanks for the update

john 

• Tim6003
    Tim6003 Member Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    fisrpotpe said:

starting

Starting to eat and maintaining weight. love that news. 

thanks for the update

john 

Hi John

I was missing and thining of my class mates today ....been so long since I have jumped on here....John, I obviously am behind in what's going on ...but I"m glad you are doing better .....I know you want to be back on that boat...whispered prayers all is improving quickly ....

Tim

• cureitall66
    cureitall66 Member Posts: 913
    Options
    Get to the bottom...

Glad to hear there is a plan to get to the source of the leaking! I still have a roll of duck tape you can use!Laughing

Seriously though, glad you were able to eat a little "normal" food.

Take care of yourself....always thinking and praying for my brotha...

~C