Post menop bleeding after BC

Options

I have a question. I was diagnosed with IDC hormon + Her2+ in November 2009. I had 6 rounds of Chemo and 32 radiation treatments. My periods stopped after my 2nd chemo treatment and never came back until last month. I was on Tomaxafin until about a year ago with no side effects. They put my on the post menopausal drug and I have been on that for a little over a year. I have had side effects with that one, joints aching etc. I had a lumpectomy Dec 2010 and have had a Mamo every 6 months and an MRI once a year since the mamo never detected my breast cancer. Not to be grafic, but when I started again it was really dark brown, never red. They did a internal and external ultra sound on my pelvic region and saw nothing. The tech said my Uterine lining was in the high normal range, my gyn wants me to come in for a biopsy.. endometrial biopsy. I am extremely nervous.... has anyone had this before? I also took herceptin for a year.

Comments

• pinky104
    pinky104 Member Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Dark brown blood

I haven't had this, but I know from working in an Emergency Dept. and reading charts there that dark brown blood means it's old blood, not fresh.  I'm not sure what this means to your case, but I agree that you should definitely follow it up.  I had 6 benign cervical polyps and 1 benign uterine one over about a 20 year span that bled before I was diagnosed with cancer with the last one I had.  My doctor had assured me that the last one would be benign, too, but it wasn't.

Good luck to you. 

• pinky104
    pinky104 Member Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Joint pain

I forgot to mention that I had hip pain for a couple of years, which eventually went away.  The orthopedic surgeon I went to had me go for physical therapy, x-rayed me to be sure my cancer hadn't spread, etc.  He couldn't find anything wrong.  A few months later, I read a posting on here that said a woman had joint pains and it was from the white cells in the bone marrow regenerating themselves after the chemo.  I never did get to ask my doctor if this could be the case, but I'm wondering if your joint pains might be caused from the chemo, too.

• It happened to Me
    It happened to Me Member Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    pinky104 said:

Joint pain

I forgot to mention that I had hip pain for a couple of years, which eventually went away.  The orthopedic surgeon I went to had me go for physical therapy, x-rayed me to be sure my cancer hadn't spread, etc.  He couldn't find anything wrong.  A few months later, I read a posting on here that said a woman had joint pains and it was from the white cells in the bone marrow regenerating themselves after the chemo.  I never did get to ask my doctor if this could be the case, but I'm wondering if your joint pains might be caused from the chemo, too.

Joint Pain addition

I have read alot of posts on a facebook group for uterine cancer and one for all "Teal" cancers (mainly cervical) and joint pain is common in cases for chemo.  My last chemo. was Jan. 2, 2014 and I am having joint pain.  Mostly fingers, elbows, knees, shoulders, hips and feet. (that's most of them).  I have most of it under control using homeopathic medicine.  My one shoulder is giving me fits though.  The one hip is very sore especially at night.  My chiro. says that chemo. either loosens the ligaments and tendons or it tightens them.  Chemo. causes havoc on alot of things, and she thinks the chemo. is the reason for my unruly shoulder.    Everyone's body responds differently to chemo. and it also depends on which chemo. we have.    Hopefully, this joint pain will go away.   But right now, for me, it's tolerable.

We our survivors ladies.