Carboplatin real allergy

Options

I have a real allergy to Caboplatin and have tried desenitiazation twice and both times failed.     I am told that this is the best hope to go along with my taxsol for stopping my recurrance and giving me more time.        I am finding it hard to believe that all the doctors in the world put all their eggs into the one basket of Caboplatin and nothing else is out there that can work with taxsol.   Does anyone know of anything else?    thank you

Comments

• Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Sunny

I am from the uterine board.  I had a severe reaction to carboplatin during my 9 th treatment.  I was switched to Cisplatin.  I had as good of results with the cisplatin as with the carboplatin.  Cisplatin can be hard on the kidneys, so you get IV hydration before and after receiving the cisplatin.  Cisplatin is an older drug, but still is effective.   I have had 10 treatments with the cisplatin and so far no reactions.  Good luck with your treatments.

• jt25741
    jt25741 Member Posts: 23
    Options
    Ask About Oxaliplatin

My wife was in the same boat, Oxaliplatin is the least allergentic of the platinum drugs.    It worked even better for her with no reaction for over 2 years.    Dont stop advocating for yourself and pushing to get what is available.