Our dearest Lisa2012 passed away August 25th 2014

Trubrit
Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
edited August 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1

It is with a heavy heart that I share the sad news, that our Lisa2012 passed away today, August 25th 2014. 

I have permission from her husband to share this sad news. 

Lisa was a Facebook friend, and I always found her to be a humble, quiet, supportive and loving friend and member of this forum.

I know that she walks with the angels, indeed, she always was and will continue to be an angel. 

God bless you, Lisa, and blessing of peace be with your husband, children and all who love you. 

Comments

• Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Another Angel

Godspeed!  My condolences to the family. 

• Yolllmbs
    Yolllmbs Member Posts: 360 Member
    Prayers

For the family. Such a sad situation. I pray for peace and strength.  I've followed her posts and as many people on the board, This forum becomes family. Cyber hugs

Yolanda

• lilacbrroller
    lilacbrroller Member Posts: 412 Member
    Yolllmbs said:

Prayers

For the family. Such a sad situation. I pray for peace and strength.  I've followed her posts and as many people on the board, This forum becomes family. Cyber hugs

Yolanda

Malpractice?

Geez. How is this possible? She had like one liver met...  I am shocked. We pm'd a few times and she seemed okay. 

This is really hard for me to take because it was so sudden.  She wasn't in the final stages and from what she told me, didn't have much spread. Sigh. Life is not fair.

Anyway, i am very sad and very sorry and send my condolences to her family.

Karin

• Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member

Malpractice?

Geez. How is this possible? She had like one liver met...  I am shocked. We pm'd a few times and she seemed okay. 

This is really hard for me to take because it was so sudden.  She wasn't in the final stages and from what she told me, didn't have much spread. Sigh. Life is not fair.

Anyway, i am very sad and very sorry and send my condolences to her family.

Karin

Oh, I am so sad to read this.

Oh, I am so sad to read this. My heartfelt condolences to her family. She was a lovely presence on this forum and will be missed.

CM

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    That is a huge shock. I know

That is a huge shock. I know she got a bad report but that was less than a month ago. I still cant get over how fast so many of our friends go down. I am so sorry to hear this.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Fast and hopefully painless

I was blessed to correspond with Lisa's Sister-in-law, who shared those last few weeks of Lisa's life.  I appreciate that she would message me, on the day when her grief was so fresh. 

The end came quite quickly for our Lisa. In one of her last posts she mentioned that she was having a post Y90 Scan on Juily 17th. She must have been told then that the liver mets had multiplied and also spread to her lungs and lymph nodes. 

After coming home, she was told her Biliruben was low, she spent a week in hospital. Her liver failed and she was sent home with Hospice. 

The five days previous to her passing, she was un-responsive. 

It is my sincere prayer that she did not experience physical pain. There is no doubt though, what emotions must be felt when you realize that you are going to leave behind your children and husband and all of those you love, even life iteslf. 

My heart (and eyes) weep for Lisa. She really was a very, very speical person. I feel honoured that I was allowed a short time to get to know her, here on the forum and on Facebook.

SUE/TRUBRIT

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    So sad

to hear this news! My condolences to her family! May she fly with the angels and watch over her family!

Lin

• LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
     Oh dear, how very sad for

Oh dear, how very sad for her family and our little on-line community as well.  She was a lovely lady and will be missed here.

My sincere condolences to her family and friends,

Cynthia

• fatbob2010
    fatbob2010 Member Posts: 467 Member
    Sigh

Lisa was a quiet and helpful voice on this forum...she wil be missed. 

As another said it is a sad situation when one passes so quickly after being so seemingly healthy.

Rest in peace Lisa.

Hopeing for peace and comfort for her family and friends.

• marbleotis
    marbleotis Member Posts: 720 Member
    Deep sadness

Lisa was always so positive on her posts.  I am so sorry that she lost her battle.

She is free from this horrible disease.

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    I found her a really lovely lady

She was kind ,considerate and very thoughtful. I am glad that we were able to afford her some company and strenghth for the time she was with us. It is really getting very hard to see so many wonderful people die. I cannot put a number to those that I have known liked and lost in my years of survival. Each loss both adds to who I am and also takes away. I am feeling very sad today. Ron.

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Sad

What a terrible loss.  My sympathies to her family and friends.  She will be missed.  Didn't know that she was at the final stages.  I'm sorry to hear of this news.

Kim

• ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    I am so sorry for her familys

I am so sorry for her familys loss, but the departures are a disturbing trend. 

• Phil64
    Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member
    i'm very sad to hear this

i'm very sad to hear this news. Lisa was a very kind and gentle person. And in the short time she's been on this forum she has written a lot of very supportive posts. Blessings to Lisa and her family. And thanks to God for having had an opportunity to know her.

• sky123
    sky123 Member Posts: 15

Another terrible loss. She was a beautiful soul, it was obvious from her posts. sympathy for her loved ones.

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Oh no.

I am so shocked to read this.  I can't believe that she is gone.  I thought she was doing reasonably well.

Her poor family.  My condolences to them all.

• geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Thanks

for sharing the news with us, as bitter as it is.  Sometimes, there is just no explanation when things go downhill so fast.  She was just posting a few weeks ago.

My deepest sympathy to her entire family, this is truly sad news.

Tina

• Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    I am saddened

I am saddened by the loss of Lisa, such a lovely woman.  My heart breaks again.

Aloha,

Kathleen

• angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member

I am saddened

I am saddened by the loss of Lisa, such a lovely woman.  My heart breaks again.

Aloha,

Kathleen

AWWWWWWWWWW

MAY SHE REST IN PEACE

MICHELLE

• Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member
    I am a little shocked by

I am a little shocked by this, well a lot shocked.  She was in such a good position, what happened and what happened so fast?  I hope her family is managing.  Wow, this disease really does blindside you!