Pink Bus for Friday!

CypressCynthia
CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member

I have been having trouble with some worrisome issues: bloating, nausea and vomiting, vomiting without nausea (really weird), constipation and excruciating left-sided pain (ribs) at night.  Primary wants a CT of abdomen and pelvis on Friday.  I asked about PET, but he said onc would probably order it but he still likes a plain CT with contrast.  In his words, "The PET shows the lights on the Christmas tree and the CT shows the branches."  So will probably have both.

This is fine with me because I just would like an answer - an answer which is hopefully silly and no big deal!  I hate the uncertainty and need to be vigilant, but I know I have to be vigilant.  Blah!

On a happier note, my sister got Danny and I addicted to Doc Martin (PBS series about a crusty GP in a seriously nutty Cornwall town).  Does anyone know of something similar?  We are in DM withdrawal...lol.

Comments

• Pixie Dust
    Pixie Dust Member Posts: 424 Member
    I will be on the pink bus with you Friday !!!!!

Cynthia, sorry to hear that you are having problems I hope everything goes well for you Friday. Its very odd to hear you complaing about anything. You have such a positive attitude and give so much good advice and encouragement to everyone, Encluding me, I hate that you are not feeling well and I will be on the pink bus with you Friday. Praying that all tests will be good and you come back on the pink bus and keep it parked for forever. Let us know what is going on. Hugs to you, Pixie Dust

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    I will be on the bus

I do watch Doctor Martin from time to time. How is the plot going? Did he move in with his lover and son?

I am very sorry that you you are not feeling well and have to have scans, PETs and other activities. I hope you have a morning appointment as I am scheduled to see my oncologist at 1 pm got my injections at 2:30. I know we want something relly siliy, like I am not sure what? pregnancy? stomach virus, or too much wine and exotic food something that can be easy corrected with diet and probiotic culture. I hate those symptoms, I have been hoping that you have recovered from it.

lately  when i had a lowback pain I was thinking that i could be happy even with kidney stone versus new tumor, really?  

Good luck and we will hold your hand

Hugs

• RozHopkins
    RozHopkins Member Posts: 578 Member
    I am English and love Doc

I am English and love Doc Martin.  I have to admit I had forgotten how unfiltered some of our entertainment can be and was shocked at first.   But now love it.  I just know somewhere out there, there will be someone just like him.  Just like the Faulty Towers scenario.

Good luck with your tests.  Rib pain interests me as I had similar for many, many months, on a night and through the day.  Like a painful cramp.   Seems to have subsided for now.  I hope they find nothing of concern, fingers crossed.  We have to be pro active sadly.   I will be thinking of you.

• SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Will Be On The Pink Bus On Friday

CC,

I will bring lobster rolls, pink napkins and ice tea.  Hoping everything will have an answer and all very, benign and a quick fix.

Thinking of you,

Doris

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    Pink Bus..

I've got a ticket to ride....bringing a cushion to sit on and a nice blanket for keeping warm....even in the heat of summer I get cold going where that bus goes........ we can have a sing along on the way there.  I like "This little light of mine...I'm gonna let it shine"  :)

• McMarty
    McMarty Member Posts: 212 Member
    I'll be along!

I'll be happy to join you!  I've found a new chocolate peanut butter cup ice cream with caramel swirls - I'll bring some for anyone who is so inclined.  Let me know about that left side pain at night.  I've got that too and my Doctors all point to the other doctors and say 'it wasn't me!'  YEESH!!  Praying for answers for you!  and solvable ones!!

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Cythia:
    Count me on for the

Cythia:

Count me on for the ride on the PINK Bus....should I bring anything...?

Denise

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member

Cythia:
    Count me on for the

Cythia:

Count me on for the ride on the PINK Bus....should I bring anything...?

Denise

Hold on -- I'm coming, too!

Hey Eileen,

Your symptoms sound truly yucky. And I'm glad you're gonna get some answers. I want them to be non-cancer related answers, easily and quickly fixable. 

So I'm coming along. I'll bring the usual -- brownies. And though everyone always wonders about these brownies, they're perfectly legal, don't worry.

xoxo

Victoria

• Sailing wind
    Sailing wind Member Posts: 31
    aisling8 said:

Hold on -- I'm coming, too!

Hey Eileen,

Your symptoms sound truly yucky. And I'm glad you're gonna get some answers. I want them to be non-cancer related answers, easily and quickly fixable. 

So I'm coming along. I'll bring the usual -- brownies. And though everyone always wonders about these brownies, they're perfectly legal, don't worry.

xoxo

Victoria

Don't let them rush you and

Don't let them rush you and don't leave without answers!!

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Don't let them rush you and

Don't let them rush you and don't leave without answers!!

Hang on Girls -- I coming along as well

Hoping and praying all this discomfort is nothing ...  Magic Sprinkles coming your way.

xoxoxoxo

Vicki Sam

• Puffin2014
    Puffin2014 Member Posts: 531 Member
    Pink Bus Friday

I just made some mango popsicles and have extra I can bring tomorrow.

Don't imagine you'll get the results until next week, hope it's something easily fixable, please keep us informed.

• 1surfermom
    1surfermom Member Posts: 396 Member
    I'm On The Bus

CC

Count me in. Hoping that you will get answers and some relief.   Love Surf

• SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    News????

Any news yet?

Hugs,

Doris

• mj_weis
    mj_weis Member Posts: 59
    SIROD said:

News????

Any news yet?

Hugs,

Doris

I'm Late!!!

CC, I'm a little late but count me in.  Hope all goes well and you find only good results.  Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

MJ

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    mj_weis said:

I'm Late!!!

CC, I'm a little late but count me in.  Hope all goes well and you find only good results.  Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

MJ

checking in for an

checking in for an update...

Denise