Lip sore

Options
jackflash22
jackflash22 Member Posts: 524 Member

had two appts today, first one my monthly checkup. He said there was no cancer left in my neck. The second was a biopsy on my lip for a crusty red sore that never heals. I've had it for months and twice had it frozen but it kept coming back. The doc said to be safe they would send off a biopsy. It was a strange sore like a scab. It itched and sometimes felt as if it crawling with little insects. To look at it was nothing but if I caught it on my clothes or knocked it, it hurt like anything. I thought skin cancer was painless s I don't think it's that but what it is I don't know. I now have 4 stitches and now the local painkiller has worn off it's itching like mad And sore.I know in Florida skin cancer is common has anyone had a sore as I described.

Comments

• KTeacher
    KTeacher Member Posts: 1,103
    Options
    Safe

Better to be safe than sorry.  All of my skin cancers have been painless.  I do have a corner of my lip that is always irritated.  The side that droops down is always red in the crease.  I just keep the Aquaphor on it.  Hopefully yours is nothing.  Let us know when you get pathology report.

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    no cancer

that is great! sorry about the sore but good to know it is being tested just in case. take care, don

• Noellesmom
    Noellesmom Member Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    sore

Sounds like herpes simplex to me, otherwise known as a fever blister.  I've had them my whole life.  Only problem is they usually heal relatively simply.  Jim had a squamous cell carcinoma of the lip that was painless but just wouldn't heal.  The doctor removed the whole thing and sent it for a biopsy.  No follow up needed.  Praying yours is that simple.

• polystone2014
    polystone2014 Member Posts: 59
    Options
    do not worry

i think it may not be cancer. It is good to pay attention to your abnormal condition.  Since we are all sensitive, simple point makes us think more. God bless you!

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    just an idea

jackflash,

Congrats on the no cancer.

I don’t know what is wrong with your lip, but maybe you could do what I do and take 2 Xylimelt tablets at bedtime and they produce a nice protective drool all over my lips  What do you say?

Then again your doctor has it all under control.

Matt

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    Options
    CivilMatt said:

just an idea

jackflash,

Congrats on the no cancer.

I don’t know what is wrong with your lip, but maybe you could do what I do and take 2 Xylimelt tablets at bedtime and they produce a nice protective drool all over my lips  What do you say?

Then again your doctor has it all under control.

Matt

Cold sore

Does sound like one. You run down?

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Jackie

I do know for sure what you have, but sometimes with me the radiation comes back out in just one area in my mouth. It will become red and sore and sometimes bleed also hurt like hell at times, it will last for months then go away as fast as it came. So far I never has it out side of the mouth so that is new to me, will continue to keep you in pray.

Tim Hondo  

• jackflash22
    jackflash22 Member Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I had the sore before

I had the sore before radiation and it may have been before surgery. I never made anything of it but tried all sorts of ointments and went to the doctors several times because it annoyed me. The general doc froze it twice but it didn't go away. The crustiness just raises up until it catches on my clotes and pulls off leaving a raised sore patch,it then starts scabbing again. Today I have a large bruise over my mouth and the stitches itch. The good thing is my lip has swollen pouty and for the first time since surgery it looks normal. I know once the swelling goes down my mouth will droop sideways and one end turn in. I didn't ask for a biopsy but the doc noticed every time I went in for my monthly check up it was still there so said he'd like to biopsy it.