Great news, Alexandra!

scatsm
scatsm Member Posts: 296 Member

I'm so happy ot hear that your ca125 is 8 and your scans are clear...what a miracle!

I've just finished chemo, my ca125 is 7.8 and I haven't been scanned yet....hoping it's clear too. The last 4 months have been horrible. I am sick of feeling sick all the time. I hope to have some remission time. Will you just stay on the parp inhibitor indefinitely? I still have a year before I could be considered for a parp trial...if I'm lucky, I'll be in remission til then. If I'm not, I am not sure I would do chemo again. It totally sucks!

Sending you lots of love!

Susan

Comments

• Susan P
    Susan P Member Posts: 103
    great news

soo glad to hear the good news - you were one of the first people on this board I connected with -s o I pay attentiom  to your happening.sSorry this c hemo was so ukky - but thrilled you responded so well  to it.

Here's wishing you some well time. enjoy life as best as you can for now

Thanks foir being you - you are a very nice caring person who I've really enjoyed getting to know

Asusan P  from Alberta Canada, & TX & WY

• Alexandra
    Alexandra Member Posts: 1,308
    CA125 competition

Hey Susan C-M,

You beat me by 0.2 points, you win! I hope you have a well-deserved long-long remission and chemo side effects will go away. You look wonderful in the new picture - young and fresh.

How are you doing Susan P?

I'm staying "on the pill" until CT scan shows new growth. I'm getting scanned every 2 months and CA125 once a month. Trial even reimburses me for parking, which is a lot of money downtown Toronto.

I'm told that on average PARP inhibitor works for 11 months. I've met a woman at my cancer center who's been on another PARP trial (Veraparib) for 3 years without recurrence; 30 women started, only 3 left, she is one of the lucky 10%.

Hugs and best wishes right back at you,

Alexandra

• ovarian_support
    ovarian_support Member Posts: 44
    Great News!

I was so happy to hear about your results, I hope you can keep these results constant.  Best of luck. Laughing

• lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member

Great News!

I was so happy to hear about your results, I hope you can keep these results constant.  Best of luck. Laughing

Woo Hoo!

Susan and Alexandra,

I am so happy that your CA 125s are so good.  Susan, I will be praying that you get good results from your scan too.  I've been fortunate to have NED (no evidence of disease) living with me for almost three and a half years now.  I always knew that NED was not a one-woman man and I'm happy to share him.  In fact, I wish with all my heart that every woman with OVA could enjoy their dancing with NED or his clones.

Warmly,

Kelly

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member

Woo Hoo!

Susan and Alexandra,

I am so happy that your CA 125s are so good.  Susan, I will be praying that you get good results from your scan too.  I've been fortunate to have NED (no evidence of disease) living with me for almost three and a half years now.  I always knew that NED was not a one-woman man and I'm happy to share him.  In fact, I wish with all my heart that every woman with OVA could enjoy their dancing with NED or his clones.

Warmly,

Kelly

Alexandra and Susan

Kep it up!  Really pleased for you.

• poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    ConnieSW said:

Alexandra and Susan

Kep it up!  Really pleased for you.

So happy for you girls

I am headed to chemo now...#6....my last..then scans. Could also use a long break. Raise your cup and salute..we are strong!   Stay strong....Val 

• Jue
    Jue Member Posts: 80
    So good to hear

It's great news to hear treatment for Susan and Alexandra going so well and you both heading for remmision , I've only had this disease since April 2014 still on my first cycle of chemo  ca125 still at 55 , had no 5 yesterday with avastin added, feel like crap ! So to hear good news from  you  2 ladies on this board is great it gives me hope of time without the disease . I feel like dancing for you both ......if I had the energy haha xx

• Alexandra
    Alexandra Member Posts: 1,308
    Chemo

Val - congratulations on completing chemo! I already know from FB that everything went well.

Jue - stay strong and chemo on. Feel better! Soon you will be a veteran like the rest of us.

Connie, Kelly, Melissa - many thanks!

Today I was denied botox injections at a local esthetics parlor because I honestly admitted being in a onco clinical trial and the cowardly doctor who never heard of PARP inhibitors wouldn't sign off. It made me so mad; like cancer is not enough, I have to walk around with wrinkles too! With human rights steam coming out of my ears I drove over to the next plaza, didn't mention cancer and got my botox there.

• kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    That is so great, Alexandra!

It is wonderful to hear you are doing so well.  You really know how to kick ****, but then we've known that since we met you.  My very best to you.

And all the rest of you ladies, you're good news is also mine. 

Karen