Good News for a Change

Options

So, when last I reported my mother had just had her ct scan and it showed a decrease in most of her lesions but a study rise in her ca-125 values from 1247 at the start of the trial in late March to 3042 at the end of June which was a little dishearting.  At the end of July we really got a blow when we saw the number rise to just of 4000, but this past Monday we saw her ca-125 levels drop back down into the low 3000's which is about how much they jumped up last time.  So, it looks like we are starting a trend in the right direction.  We just hope it keeps falling.  She is scheduled to go back in to see the doctor about the plural effusions next wednesday and we are going to see about getting the shunts put in.  She recently had nearly 2 liters pulled from her right plura, which gave her some relief but then the left one worsened.  The doctors just are now sure if this is a result of the cancer, a side effect of the doxil or a previously unknown side effect from the experimental agent.   Her next chest x-ray will show us if the fluid is coming back on the right side.  If not, she may opt for a drainng rather than a shunt.  Thank you all for the support you've given me and please let me know I can do anything for you in return.

Melissa

Comments

• seatown
    seatown Member Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Encouraging news!

So glad to hear the good news!

I understand what it's like waiting for the CA 125 numbers to improve. When I first was watching mine, it went down steadily & fairly quickly. Now that my CA 125 has been up again, it seems stuck in the same place for months, though in fact it's been inching down ever so slowly.

Best wishes to your mom & you.

• lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    seatown said:

Encouraging news!

So glad to hear the good news!

I understand what it's like waiting for the CA 125 numbers to improve. When I first was watching mine, it went down steadily & fairly quickly. Now that my CA 125 has been up again, it seems stuck in the same place for months, though in fact it's been inching down ever so slowly.

Best wishes to your mom & you.

Hi Melissa

So glad that your mom's CA 125 is moving back down.  I hope that she gets good news from her chest x-ray too.

Warmly,

Kelly