How fast can skin mets show up?

Options
lauraof4
lauraof4 Member Posts: 24

Hi, I have not posted in a long time. I still read your post and always hoping that we all get through what were going through.

My question is how fast can skin mets come. I had Inflammatory Breast cancer. Its been two years now. I have been through the chemo, radiation and double mest and reconsuction. I had the reconstution on March 3 2014 and have surgery set up this Friday for the 2nd part of it. Yesterday I seen that I have a rash on breast and stomach on side I had cancer. It came fast and looks like the rash I had when I had inflammatory breast cancer.

My question is does it come on that fast. Im just a little worried. I have a appointment Thursday. I know Imhave to wait but just wondering about anyone who may have had the same thing happen. 

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Hi

Please call your docto's office tomorrow, hopefully your doctor or nurse can see you tomorrow. If you are having infection you need to take antibiotics as soon as possible.

Hugs

• lauraof4
    Options

Hi

Please call your docto's office tomorrow, hopefully your doctor or nurse can see you tomorrow. If you are having infection you need to take antibiotics as soon as possible.

Hugs

Hi going to doctor tommorow.

Hi going to doctor tommorow. I just have to see. I'm sure it's ok. Thank you.

• RozHopkins
    RozHopkins Member Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Tell us how you get on.

Tell us how you get on.  Early skin cancer mets I understand can be treated well. It could just be an infection.  Can I ask what your rash looked like where your first cancer was.   I used to itch where mine was and feel sore.  others have no signs.  Good luck.

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

Tell us how you get on.

Tell us how you get on.  Early skin cancer mets I understand can be treated well. It could just be an infection.  Can I ask what your rash looked like where your first cancer was.   I used to itch where mine was and feel sore.  others have no signs.  Good luck.

Laura please post when you can

laura,

As Roz said please keep us posted. Sending positive thoughtsyour way

• lauraof4
    Options

Laura please post when you can

laura,

As Roz said please keep us posted. Sending positive thoughtsyour way

Hi, thanks for the reply. My

Hi, thanks for the reply. My surgery got put off untill next month. I was going to go to doctors next day but it started to lighten up. I decided to see and wait until next week. Today it's even lighter. I think that's good. 

When I had Inflammatory Bresat cancer it started out with rash on breast. The rash was smooth and it was a whole bunch of dots and looked like spider bites. 

I'm always worried when I see a rash.

Thanks again and I always read the post and wish everyone the best! When your going through treatment you have to think there is light at the end of the tunnel. When I first found out I had Inflammatory Breast cancer I was scared and read all about it. I didn't like what they had to say but now they have new types of chemo. It's been over 2 years now and I'm fine, other than that rash but I'm not as worried now because it's lighting up.