That is a great milestone!! 

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    McMarty said:

Congratulations!

That is a great milestone!! 

Thanks...everyone here gets

Thanks...everyone here gets it...if i say this to family or friends they say OH!

Denise

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Congrats!  Happy day!!!

Congrats!  Happy day!!!

• Pixie Dust
    Pixie Dust Member Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Time to do Happy Dance

Denise, glad for you. I know it was a long five years. I have heard alot of ONC'S are going for 5 more yrs. I just started arimidex 3 weeks ago. got along time to go yet. Hope ONC will not put me on for 10 yrs. Congratulations to you !!!!!  Pixie Dust

• desertgirl947
    desertgirl947 Member Posts: 653 Member
    Options

Time to do Happy Dance

Denise, glad for you. I know it was a long five years. I have heard alot of ONC'S are going for 5 more yrs. I just started arimidex 3 weeks ago. got along time to go yet. Hope ONC will not put me on for 10 yrs. Congratulations to you !!!!!  Pixie Dust

My onc is putting me on the

My onc is putting me on the ten-year regimen, as of this year.  The plan is to change drugs midway, which he would have done on the five-year plan.  I forget what the replacement drug will be; I have been on tamoxifen two years this coming week.

• mjjones453
    mjjones453 Member Posts: 155
    Options
    Off tamoxifen

Can you tell if your body aches, etc. feel any different or better?

• 1blessedmom
    1blessedmom Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Just started mine

I just started tamoxifan several months ago. Yes, the oncologists seem to be recommending taking it 10 years instead of 5.  Not exactly what I wanted to hear but thank God I don't have any bad reactions to it.  I was on Arimidex first and had horrible side effects. Such extreme pain in my body I couldn't take it.  Has anyone noticed any side effects with Tamoxifan?  Next month will be one year since I had my last chemo treatment and in December it'll be a year for radiation. I'm slowly noticing my strength coming back. How long have some of you been done and how do you feel since finishing treatment? I would appreciate a little insight.