Squamous cells

0626june
0626june Member Posts: 73

Did anyone else have their cells typed as squamous on their initial biopsy? Should I stop surfing around on the internet about cancer? Sometimes I read things that don't ease my mind, they frighten me more than I already am.

Comments

• qv62
    qv62 Member Posts: 434 Member
    0626june

My initial biopsy stated squamous cell carcinoma insitu, the carcinoma part scared the hell out of me but the insitu clearly meant it was not yet invasive. I of course finally became invasive but take a good look at your reports and ask lots of questions.

• nicotianna
    nicotianna Member Posts: 209
    squamous cells

June - When you talk about squamous cells, what type of biopsy?  I think most of us on this site have anal cancer w/squamous cells.  Mine was basaloid squamous.  Mine expressed P16 one of the markers for HPV.  I had P63 a marker for anal cancer.  There are excellent resources on the net about anal ca.  You will find them in replies within this site.

Nic

• sandysp
    sandysp Member Posts: 868 Member
    Yes

Squamous cell, of the types of anus cancers is the most common and easiest to cure. It goes "poof" from radiation, as it was explained to me once by one of my doctors. Mine certainly did. As with all types of cancers, it's best if caught early.

all the best

sandy

• 0626june
    0626june Member Posts: 73
    sandysp said:

Yes

Squamous cell, of the types of anus cancers is the most common and easiest to cure. It goes "poof" from radiation, as it was explained to me once by one of my doctors. Mine certainly did. As with all types of cancers, it's best if caught early.

all the best

sandy

Thanks

i appreciate your replies.  i feel better. I had stumbled upon something on the internet that said, "High fatality cancers such as squamous cell...." You folks are the greatest!

• Ouch_Ouch_Ouch
    Ouch_Ouch_Ouch Member Posts: 508 Member
    0626june said:

Thanks

i appreciate your replies.  i feel better. I had stumbled upon something on the internet that said, "High fatality cancers such as squamous cell...." You folks are the greatest!

Differences

"Cancer" is not one big disease, but many diseases that behave differently in different parts of the body. As you have probably discovered by now, with an anal cancer diagnosis, squamous cells are not so bad in this case.

• nicotianna
    nicotianna Member Posts: 209

Differences

"Cancer" is not one big disease, but many diseases that behave differently in different parts of the body. As you have probably discovered by now, with an anal cancer diagnosis, squamous cells are not so bad in this case.

squamous cells

Squamous cell cancer is bad everywhere in the body.  It is very invasive.  If caught early it can be easily cured if all of it is removed.

Nix