Comments

• patricke
    patricke Member Posts: 570
    Options
    Hondo said:

Now I really have a hole in the head

G’day Family

Now I really have hole in the head

I went to see my ENT today and she wants me to do another PET scan hopping it will help her to understand why the hole in my upper palate is getting larger. Last month the hole was about 3/8 inch today it is about 5/8 inch. There is nothing there showing any type of reoccurring cancer but she wants the PET, I am not for putting any more Radiation in my body so I talked her in to just doing a CT as it will show her the same thing as a PET just without all the radiation.

She is thinking that all it is, is what’s called Necrosis from all the radiation treatment I had years ago and maybe will send me for a second opinion with another ENT. I guess the problem now is how to stop it. She is thinking more HBO treatment but I have already had 50 dives, 10 of them just last year. Anyway I will keep you up on my progress and see what way this will all go in the end. Between this and my leaking PEG tube I am feeling great, energy level is high, and able to focus on my work that keeps my mind active, and that is a blessing. Please just keep me in your prayers as God is still in control

Thanks

Tim “Hondo” McNab

MYSTRY HEAD HOLE

Hey Tim,

Unbelievable, I'm sorry to hear about the mystry hole, and a PEG tube leak at the same time; unbelievable, enough already.  Where are you going for the second opinion?  I hope that your docs get a diagnosis and solution very soon for your palate hole.  And where is your PEG leak coming from?  It's good to hear that you are doing good otherwise.  I'm sending my prayers and all the best of wishes for rapid resolutions.

PATRICK 

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    New type MRI

Wow finished the MRI, they had a new type machine called an open MRI no more tube no more afraid of being in a small space, but it comes with twice the noise. I got a copy of the scan and was looking at it and the hole is larger than I expected it to be but need to wait and see what ENT thinks. So for now doing the wait and see game hope ENT calls soon.

Put God first and everything else will fall in place second

Tim Hondo

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Hondo said:

New type MRI

Wow finished the MRI, they had a new type machine called an open MRI no more tube no more afraid of being in a small space, but it comes with twice the noise. I got a copy of the scan and was looking at it and the hole is larger than I expected it to be but need to wait and see what ENT thinks. So for now doing the wait and see game hope ENT calls soon.

Tim Hondo

Best wishes

Prayers for a solution, Tim.

• jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Hondo said:

Now I really have a hole in the head

G’day Family

Now I really have hole in the head

I went to see my ENT today and she wants me to do another PET scan hopping it will help her to understand why the hole in my upper palate is getting larger. Last month the hole was about 3/8 inch today it is about 5/8 inch. There is nothing there showing any type of reoccurring cancer but she wants the PET, I am not for putting any more Radiation in my body so I talked her in to just doing a CT as it will show her the same thing as a PET just without all the radiation.

She is thinking that all it is, is what’s called Necrosis from all the radiation treatment I had years ago and maybe will send me for a second opinion with another ENT. I guess the problem now is how to stop it. She is thinking more HBO treatment but I have already had 50 dives, 10 of them just last year. Anyway I will keep you up on my progress and see what way this will all go in the end. Between this and my leaking PEG tube I am feeling great, energy level is high, and able to focus on my work that keeps my mind active, and that is a blessing. Please just keep me in your prayers as God is still in control

Thanks

Tim “Hondo” McNab

I hate hearing all this. You

I hate hearing all this. You are such a soldier. I am praying you get a resolution soon and praying doctors have wisdom to stop this enlarging and repair the damage.

In Christ.

Debbie

• jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Hondo said:

New type MRI

Tim Hondo

Trusting God to resolve this

Trusting God to resolve this in a speedy and effeceint manor.

Blessings