Chef Daddy Mike Up-date

Options
2»

Comments

• polystone2014
    polystone2014 Member Posts: 59
    Options
    live strong

Hondo, count me in the money-help members. When you are ready to receive money, please update. Mike is in my prayer.

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    services..

It is an incredible show of support for members here, we really are a family.

Since he is in the Portland area, a pretty liberal part of the USA, I figured there are likely strong safety net services so looked up a few things. This page shows a LOT of services for people in his situation.  County Services

There are many links to related services. If he was a vet I even saw a link to help vets apply and get all the services to which they are entitled.

• Fire34
    Fire34 Member Posts: 365
    Options
    I Forgot

But we had a fire service brother that had cancer also. We used an internet website that we were able to donate to that would help his family. If I can find that info, or maybe someone more computer literate than myself can find it. I will pass it along It really made the donating a lot easier.

Wishes and Lots of prayers for Mike

Dave

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    Options
    Fire34 said:

I Forgot

But we had a fire service brother that had cancer also. We used an internet website that we were able to donate to that would help his family. If I can find that info, or maybe someone more computer literate than myself can find it. I will pass it along It really made the donating a lot easier.

Wishes and Lots of prayers for Mike

Dave

justgiving

Dave it may be justgiving.com? G

• ellamenno
    ellamenno Member Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Guzzle said:

justgiving

Dave it may be justgiving.com? G

donationrocket

If someone could set his story up here then we could contribute directly and also folks unknown to him will see his plight and have the option to give as well.

The site was set up by our friend Nick Fama. This would be a nice way to memorialize him.

http://www.donationrocket.com/

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    ellamenno said:

donationrocket

If someone could set his story up here then we could contribute directly and also folks unknown to him will see his plight and have the option to give as well.

The site was set up by our friend Nick Fama. This would be a nice way to memorialize him.

ella, yes, that is an

ella, yes, that is an excellent idea.  if anyone knows how to do this and does it, please just let us know how to donate.  thank you ella.

dj

• ellamenno
    Options

ella, yes, that is an

ella, yes, that is an excellent idea.  if anyone knows how to do this and does it, please just let us know how to donate.  thank you ella.

dj

Tim

Would you be willing to set up the description of the cause on donationrocket?

I've followed Mike's very challenging story for years and find it humbling to say the least. I remember when he used to post on here fairly regularly offering support and love, all the while dealing with not only his own illness, but his young son's too. He fought so hard to keep he and his kids together. My heart broke when you posted that his boy had passed and now this. If he is living in his car, I can't help but wonder where his little girl is. I hope they have managed to stay together.

If there is anyone I know who deserves a break it is ChefDaddy Mike for sure...

Please tell him we love him and wish to help in any way we can.

Jim, thank you for stepping up to the plate with your generous offer. You are so very kind.

• ellamenno
    Options
    ellamenno said:

Tim

Would you be willing to set up the description of the cause on donationrocket?

I've followed Mike's very challenging story for years and find it humbling to say the least. I remember when he used to post on here fairly regularly offering support and love, all the while dealing with not only his own illness, but his young son's too. He fought so hard to keep he and his kids together. My heart broke when you posted that his boy had passed and now this. If he is living in his car, I can't help but wonder where his little girl is. I hope they have managed to stay together.

If there is anyone I know who deserves a break it is ChefDaddy Mike for sure...

Please tell him we love him and wish to help in any way we can.

Jim, thank you for stepping up to the plate with your generous offer. You are so very kind.

Any news?

Tim, have you heard back from ChefDaddy Mike? 

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Mike

I got a Text back from Mike saying to tell you all thanks for your love and support. He will let us know when he needs help, for now just keep him in your prayers.

God Bless you all

Tim Hondo

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    ellamenno said:

donationrocket

donationrocket

I have been checking a few sites on the web, so thanks for letting me know about donationrocket as well.

Tim

• Goyca
    Goyca Member Posts: 220
    Options
    Guys I'd love to help too,

Guys I'd love to help too, plz let us know what u will decide to do

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    Hondo said:

donationrocket

I have been checking a few sites on the web, so thanks for letting me know about donationrocket as well.

Tim

Tim, donationrocket would be

Tim, donationrocket would be trustworthy b/c as mentioned, it was started by our friend, the late Nick Fama.  he started it for this very reason.  i know some sites charge a fee for each donation but i doubt Nick's does.  be sure to check on that when you're researching sites.  if i can help in any way, just let me know.

God bless you,

dj

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Goyca said:

Guys I'd love to help too,

Guys I'd love to help too, plz let us know what u will decide to do

Tim

Thanks for the update. When Mike needs a helping hand from us please post what we can do. In the meantime, he has plenty of prayers coming his way.

Candi