Got a makeover at chemo yesterday!

Options
scatsm
scatsm Member Posts: 296 Member

A nice young woman from Saks came by my pod and treated me to a makeover...it was fun and helped pass the time! I never wear foundation over my freckles but I gotta admit it looked nice...got some samples too...will I ever use it?...doubt it, but it was a good spirit lifter. That and the therapy dogs that came by.

Chemo #5, one more to go if all scans are clear. CA125 was 15.4 up a tenth from last treatment....a good number, I know, but my onc seemed disappointed...didin't like to see that but time will tell and that's true whatever the number.

Have a good day everyone!

Susan

Comments

• scatsm
    scatsm Member Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    grrrr cant upload new picture

Ill keep trying!

• pandagypsy
    pandagypsy Member Posts: 113
    Options
    look good feel good

I did the "makeover" program they offered at Florida Cancer Inst. a few years back......OMG a nice lady from Mary Kay brought us all a bag of makeup goodies.......I appreciated the fun and socialization, but I had lime green eye shadow and red red red lipstickUndecided I good humoredly participated, but had to scrub my face before I left!!!!!! I've since given up wearing makeup!!!

• lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options

look good feel good

I did the "makeover" program they offered at Florida Cancer Inst. a few years back......OMG a nice lady from Mary Kay brought us all a bag of makeup goodies.......I appreciated the fun and socialization, but I had lime green eye shadow and red red red lipstickUndecided I good humoredly participated, but had to scrub my face before I left!!!!!! I've since given up wearing makeup!!!

Hi

The makeover sounds fun.  I would have loved seeing and petting the therapy dogs (not surprising, given my name on this board!).  Susan, don't be discouraged about the very slight rise in your CA 125.  You're definitely in the normal range;  these numbers can fluctuate without it being a bad thing!

Kelly