treatments postponed till August 4.. i think im ready :)

Options
2»

Comments

• lornal
    lornal Member Posts: 428
    Options
    Goyca said:

morning or evening?

guys which is better taking the rad sessions in the mornings or evenings ??

thanks.

Goyca.

how's the traffic?

I think you should consider the traffic.  Also, you might only be able to drive to and fro for a couple of weeks.  You'll probably have to have someone take you as you tire.  I think I lasted two weeks.  I did it in the afternoon, so I could work before hand, get the rads, and then go home. 

lorna

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Goyca said:

morning or evening?

guys which is better taking the rad sessions in the mornings or evenings ??

thanks.

Goyca.

time best for you

Select a time of day that is most convenient for you and the least stressful to fit in. Generally the time of day remains constant so find a slot that fits best for you.

• Mikemetz
    Mikemetz Member Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    ORN possibility?

Given that your rads target area includes some bone, you might want to ask them about the possibility of ORN as a side effect.  Osteoradionecrosis occurs when the rads harm the vessels that supply blood to bones.  Most ORN doesn't happen for many years later, but some happens quite quickly, so they should tell you what to look for and how to respond to it.

Good luck with your treatments--they are very difficult, but also very survivable.

mike

• Goyca
    Goyca Member Posts: 220
    Options
    I'll ask about the ORN,

I'll ask about the ORN, thanks for pointing that out Mike.

my treatments are postponed till August 4.

but good news is today I had my mask made, it was done in 15 minutes and I was totally fine :) I didn't stress out. So hopefully I'm more confident now about the treatments:)

• KTeacher
    KTeacher Member Posts: 1,103
    Options
    Goyca said:

I'll ask about the ORN,

I'll ask about the ORN, thanks for pointing that out Mike.

my treatments are postponed till August 4.

but good news is today I had my mask made, it was done in 15 minutes and I was totally fine :) I didn't stress out. So hopefully I'm more confident now about the treatments:)

15 minutes for the mask, now that is amazing!  You are ready, we will help you through on your way.  I didn't find this site until after I had finished my first treatment, so glad you have your CSN family to help in this adventure.