On my way to urgi center

Options
Yolllmbs
Yolllmbs Member Posts: 360 Member

Apparently the back pain manifested in shingles yesterday. I've seen two doctors already  My oncologist wants to meet me tonight to decide for himself. There should be a law that is strictly enforced. No one with cancer should have ANYTHING else wrong with them!  Picture me frustrated. 

Comments

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Sorry

So sorry that you are going through that as well. I've talked to several people that have had that and they tell me it is awful and if you are going through that along with everything else you deserve a well pampered day coming up.  Hope you feel better soon.

Kim

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    Ouch!

My Dad had Shingles and it was awful. He had it on his head and neck. 

I am so sorry that you have to go through this on top of your treatments. I also hope that it doesn't mean that you can't have your treatments, because I know you just want to get them over and done with. 

Keep us informed and I'll keep you in my prayers. 

• Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    Trubrit said:

Ouch!

My Dad had Shingles and it was awful. He had it on his head and neck. 

I am so sorry that you have to go through this on top of your treatments. I also hope that it doesn't mean that you can't have your treatments, because I know you just want to get them over and done with. 

Keep us informed and I'll keep you in my prayers. 

Not good, they are so

Not good, they are so painful, I got them when my grandson passed away.  They told me it was due to stress.  Hope you get relief soon.

• Yolllmbs
    Options
    Update

Unfortunately, it is shingles. On the plus side I've been complaining about back pain for weeks. They did give me anti-viral for 10 days, 5 a day. She said it should be clear enough for chemo. I'm heading to bed. Thanks for all the good thoughts.  You are all in my prayers.

Yolanda

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Wow!

When it rains, it pours! Feel better soon.

Lin

• traci43
    traci43 Member Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Yolllmbs said:

Update

Unfortunately, it is shingles. On the plus side I've been complaining about back pain for weeks. They did give me anti-viral for 10 days, 5 a day. She said it should be clear enough for chemo. I'm heading to bed. Thanks for all the good thoughts.  You are all in my prayers.

Yolanda

sorry about the shingles

That bites!  I totally agree that when one has cancer they shouldn't have anything else, but unfortunately that's not always the case.  I hope the antivirals provide some relief and you feel better soon.

• CammieS
    CammieS Member Posts: 43
    Options
    Yolllmbs said:

Update

Yolanda

Acupuncture?

I've heard that acupuncture helps with Shingles (pain and recovery time), but don't know from first-hand experience. A dear friend tried it and it seemed to help her quite a bit.

• Yolllmbs
    Options
    CammieS said:

Acupuncture?

I've heard that acupuncture helps with Shingles (pain and recovery time), but don't know from first-hand experience. A dear friend tried it and it seemed to help her quite a bit.

Hi everyone

Thank you for all the good wishes. I haven't tried acupuncture. I have gone before but never thought about it with this circumstances. It's painful but worse it's irritating. I have itchy scratchy and pain. It's all doable  The doctors loaded me up with meds for the virus and pain meds. My son in laws family is coming in from Indiana today. We are going to a cabin in lake arrowhead for a few days. I'm hoping to be distracted!  My goal is to just get clear enough to not postpone chemo next week. 

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    Yolllmbs said:

Hi everyone

Thank you for all the good wishes. I haven't tried acupuncture. I have gone before but never thought about it with this circumstances. It's painful but worse it's irritating. I have itchy scratchy and pain. It's all doable  The doctors loaded me up with meds for the virus and pain meds. My son in laws family is coming in from Indiana today. We are going to a cabin in lake arrowhead for a few days. I'm hoping to be distracted!  My goal is to just get clear enough to not postpone chemo next week. 

You can do it

I know you can make it through the discomfort and enjoy your time in the cabin by the lake. Enjoy!