in the hospital again

Options
Sandi1
Sandi1 Member Posts: 277

My husband has been admitted to the hospital again this time for c-diff and dehydration. Hospice will be coming to my house on Friday.  They tell me he will just slip away in his sleep. He has a fentanyl patch on for pain and is getting morphine for pain all of which isn't working.  

Very sad here

Sandi

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    Very sad here too

But never as sad a you. 

Bless your heart for sharing your woes during this difficult time. You've got to know that all of our spirits are with you. 

Blessings

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    So sorry Sandi :(

So sorry Sandi :(

• Phil64
    Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    blessings to you

praying for you right now. Hope that you will be surrounded by Love during this difficult time. Hugs.

• fatbob2010
    fatbob2010 Member Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Very Sad Time

Sandi,

So sorry to hear of this reversal.  Last post I read it seemed that the pain patch had helped.  

Wishing you both comfort and strength during this terribly trying time.

Peace,

Art

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Dear Sandi

So very sorry to hear this.

Near the end for my sis we were changing her patch every 24 yrs. and she was also taking oral morphine drops under the tongue.  While these things pretty much kept her sleeping, it did take care of the pain.

My prayers for you all during this difficult time.

Marie who loves kitties

• esk2poo
    esk2poo Member Posts: 25
    Options

Dear Sandi

So very sorry to hear this.

Near the end for my sis we were changing her patch every 24 yrs. and she was also taking oral morphine drops under the tongue.  While these things pretty much kept her sleeping, it did take care of the pain.

My prayers for you all during this difficult time.

Marie who loves kitties

Sorry to hear this latest.

I had the c diff 3 different times and I know what hell that could be. Flagyl works better for me than the vancomycin and it was cheaper but that really doesn't matter. It is good he is in the hospital for this so he can get the treatment and rehydration. They may need to up the dose on the fentanyl if he is still in that much pain. One can become tolerant to it over time. Good luck and praying for you.

God bless,

Allen

• Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    esk2poo said:

Sorry to hear this latest.

I had the c diff 3 different times and I know what hell that could be. Flagyl works better for me than the vancomycin and it was cheaper but that really doesn't matter. It is good he is in the hospital for this so he can get the treatment and rehydration. They may need to up the dose on the fentanyl if he is still in that much pain. One can become tolerant to it over time. Good luck and praying for you.

God bless,

Allen

Sandi, My heart aches for

Sandi, My heart aches for you. I pray that your dear husband can at least be pain free. Know that you are in our hearts. 

CM 

• kennyt
    kennyt Member Posts: 110
    Options
    I'm very sorry to hear this

I'm very sorry to hear this news. I hope they can get the pain under control

• geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    Sandi:

I am sorry for what you and your family are going through.  I have been there so believe me when I say I understand.  My only advise is to stay strong under these very trying circumstances.

Take care - Tina

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I am so soŕry to hear this

I am so soŕry to hear this Sandi.

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Sad

My heart is breaking for you both and I'm hoping that Hospice can give you both some relief.  My thoughts are with you both.

Kim

• Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options

Sad

My heart is breaking for you both and I'm hoping that Hospice can give you both some relief.  My thoughts are with you both.

Kim

So sorry to hear this, my

So sorry to hear this, my heart goes out to you, and yours.  

• Dyanclark
    Dyanclark Member Posts: 296
    Options
    Horrible

My heart goes out to you.  Hang in there

Hugs from George & Diane

• CY2K
    CY2K Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Sandi,

My heart aches for you and your family during this trying time. Please know you and your husband are in my prayers.

Regards

Clint

• Semira
    Semira Member Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Dear Sandi

wish I had more to offer then my best wishes and a silent hug

Petra

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    so sad...

I am sorry that you and your family are dealing with this dreaded disease. I hope hospice is able to make him comfortable. Please, please take care of YOU! All too often, caregivers get sick because they are so busy taking care of others, they forget to take care of themselves.

Good thoughts being sent your way.

Lin

• Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    Sandi

Sandi,

Sending you love and praying they get your husband's pain under control.  I pray for peace for both of you.  I am so very sorry that this is where he is at right now.

Aloha,

Kathleen

• UncleBuddy
    Options
    Trubrit said:

Very sad here too

But never as sad a you. 

Bless your heart for sharing your woes during this difficult time. You've got to know that all of our spirits are with you. 

Blessings

Sue (Trubrit)

Is everything okay?

Lin

• UncleBuddy
    Options
    I'm sorry that he's in so much pain.

I hope they can get his pain meds under control and make him comfortable.

Thinking of you,

Lin

• wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options

I'm sorry that he's in so much pain.

I hope they can get his pain meds under control and make him comfortable.

Thinking of you,

Lin

Sandi

I've not had much time to post, but am thinking of you. Having gone through this last year, I also know some of what you are experiencing.

I hope that hospice will consider a pain pump for him if possible. They should be able to offer a great deal of assistance.

The deterioration of my Johnnybegood is perhaps even more painful than that of my husband.

Please PM if you have questions or need to talk & I will try to respond.

Luv,

Wolfen