Last days-

Options

Hi all,

I havent posted for a long time but some of you will remember me from 2011...a daughter to a 48year old mother diagnosed with advanced stage 4 ccr

In 2011 most of my posts were looking for hope, survival stories etc and reassurance from others that this all was going to be ok......

Fast forward nearly 3 years and my dear mother is in the last days on her journey...we were told 11 days ago to expect only a few days, we have had hospice on board at home and got in a bed etc...my mother has also been on a morphine pump for the past few months,

I am now a caregiver to my mum along with my loving father, it is so heartbreaking to see this disease continue to eat away at her, in some ways my mother is already gone.... she sleeps most of the time, and is semi resposne and chatty at others, she wants to go but it hasnt let up yet,

Sorry if my post is rambly, i am tired and over this...I hope some of my friends from a while ago will see this and send prayers of a comfortable fast passing for my dear mother who deserves rest.

xx C

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    I may not know you...

but plesae know that your mother, yourself and your father are now a part of my prayers. 

We now have two wonderful daugters posting to this forum, whose mothers are approaching the end of their fight. I pray for you both, I pray that your mothers slip away without pain. My heart weeps for you. 

Blessings!

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Prayers for your mom

It is hard to know what it is about the mind and body which allows the end of life.

Some people hang on just to see a loved one for the last time.  Some people will not let go while loved ones are present, as if to spare them.

It is also difficult, even for the professionals, to determine how much longer.

I pray that your mom is comfortable and without pain.

I also send prayers for you and your father during this most difficult time.

Marie who loves kitties

• lp1964
    lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member
    Options
    Thank you for...

...being such a wonderful daughter. Honor her by living your own life to the fullest, because she may be gone before her time, but you are her continuation carying the torch of Life.

I wish your entire family the strength to get through these hard times.

Laz

• Meowycat
    Meowycat Member Posts: 66
    Options
    I send all my love to you

As I read your post it is like looking in the mirror. I too understand your heartbreak. My mom also is nearing the end stages and sleeps most of the time and hardly eats. What can I say to comfort you? You must be a beautiful person inside and out. You have been a rock and loving daughter to your mother and father. You are truly their greatest gift.

I am sending you strength, comfort, hugs, and prayers to you and your family.

I will pray for your mom.

Your father will need you more than ever.

Huggies and Love,

Nellie

• scared99
    scared99 Member Posts: 72
    Options
    Scared, my mom was diagnosed

Scared, my mom was diagnosed in May of 2012.  She passed away in August of 2014. I know what you are going thru and in the end all I wanted was peace and comfort for my mom.  i will pray for you and your family.   

• Yolllmbs
    Yolllmbs Member Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    End of life

No one knows the moment our bodies tire enough to make our transition. The toughest thing is to wait. As my dad was passing he told me life is for the living. He said get out and enjoy. I was the caretaker for my parents and my in laws. In the end, I was grateful the suffering had stopped and they were at peace. Now I see in my children's eyes the same concern. You and your family are in my prayers.