Symptoms, paranoia, and a wannabe doctor.

Pcote
Pcote Member Posts: 10

So here it is: About one month ago I got a really bad case of step throat... then, two weeks later I felt a swollen lymph node in my groin and ever since then I keep getting these random bruises (three so far). As of two days ago I now have three swollen lymph nodes in my groin. I have also had a swollen lymph node on the side of my neck for over two years now. I saw a nurse the other day because the doctor was not avaliable to see me on such short notice. The nurse examined my nodes and confirmed that they are hard, fixed nodes the largest being 1.5 inches (apprx). She said she is concerned about it and had me set an appt to see the doctor on Thursday. She also had me do a blood test and urinalysis and I have to come in Monday (tomorrow) for a chest x-ray. So far they have only confirmed to me that I do not have mono. The rest of my results will be avaliable on Monday. Any advice or general comments would be appreciated. Thanks very much. So: multiple swollen nodes, multiple easy bruising,  and an infection. Sounds like the symptoms according to the Internet.  I'm freaking out.  So stressed, hard to sleep or do anything... Sister died from liver cancer at seven.