H&N Strikes Another High Profile Person

Options
jcortney
jcortney Member Posts: 503

NEW YORK (Reuters) - JPMorgan Chase & Co Chief Executive Officer Jamie Dimon said he has been diagnosed with throat cancer but that the ailment is curable and he plans to remain actively involved in the largest U.S. bank's business.

In a memo to the bank's employees and shareholders on Tuesday, Dimon, 58, said the cancer was caught at an early stage and is confined to the original site and the adjacent lymph nodes on the right side of his neck. 

He will undergo radiation and chemotherapy treatment that is expected to last about eight weeks. The company did not disclose the stage of the cancer. 

"I feel very good now and will let all of you know if my health situation changes," Dimon wrote. "Importantly, there is no evidence of cancer elsewhere in my body."

The cancer was discovered after Dimon, who was not feeling well about two weeks ago, went to see doctors, a person familiar with the matter said. Dimon spent last week in intensive tests and visiting multiple doctors, the person said. Dimon was never a smoker. 

Comments

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    My husband told me about

this tonite on our way to dinner.  I said..."who is Jaimie Dimon?" :).....ok, so I don't keep up on the stock market and business news.  But I know this.....he felt the same way as each of us when he heard the news.

p

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    May we wish him the best...

When they say nodes it looks like [N2 at least] so I wish him the best as he will go down the bumpy road so many before have traveled. 

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    J

Thanks for the up-date will keep him in prayer as I don’t wish this crap on anyone

Tim Hondo

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Hondo said:

J

Thanks for the up-date will keep him in prayer as I don’t wish this crap on anyone

Tim Hondo

Saw it on the news

Cancer has no boundries. I wish him well.

• Ron Silver
    Ron Silver Member Posts: 94
    Options
    "Dimon was never a

"Dimon was never a smoker...." But no mention of the HPV connection. 

If the article said "Dimon smoked and drank for many years."  Would we view the matter differently?

I smoked like a chimney and drank like a fish.  I earned my cancer.  Did I deserve my cancer? 

Clint Eastwood in the movie Unforgiven.  "Deserves got nothin to do with it." 

Now with HPV:

Cancer-deserves got nothin to do with it.

• KTeacher
    KTeacher Member Posts: 1,103
    Options

"Dimon was never a

"Dimon was never a smoker...." But no mention of the HPV connection. 

If the article said "Dimon smoked and drank for many years."  Would we view the matter differently?

I smoked like a chimney and drank like a fish.  I earned my cancer.  Did I deserve my cancer? 

Clint Eastwood in the movie Unforgiven.  "Deserves got nothin to do with it." 

Now with HPV:

Cancer-deserves got nothin to do with it.

Non

I'm a non smoker, non drinker HPV negative cancer survivor.   Cancer doesn't care.  No one deserves this.

• Ron Silver
    Ron Silver Member Posts: 94
    Options
    KTeacher said:

Non

I'm a non smoker, non drinker HPV negative cancer survivor.   Cancer doesn't care.  No one deserves this.

I agree.  But societies view

I agree.  But societies view is different, i.e., the "never smoked" comment in the article.