Elesclomol Sodium/Paclitaxel clinical trial-- any info?

Options
MelissaG
MelissaG Member Posts: 1

Hi, everyone. New to this board and looking for some information. I have been reading many of your posts and it has helped me a great deal. Positive thoughts going out to all of you!

My mom was diagnosed on 8/5/13 with unstaged grade II PPC. Had a "good" de-bulking surgery and 6 cycles of dose-dense chemo (Taxol and Carboplatin). She also fought a low-grade, early stage breast cancer back in '06. Good news is she tested negative for BRCA 1/2 and they are testing for Lynch syndrome now. 

The reason I am posting is because, six months later, her cancer has recurred-- still in the same place as the primary site, right outside of her bowel (all other organs are clear), although the tumor is a bit larger this time. The doctor says she is obviously resistant to the platin drugs so she is enrolling her in a Phase II chemo trial consisting of Paclitaxel (Taxol) and Elescomol Sodium. This is a relatively small study that has seen some significantly positive results with melanomas. Anyone know of this drug's success in treating Peritoneal/Ovarian cancer? Is anyone else here involved in this study? I would love to hear your story. 

Some more background on my mom-- she is 59 and in otherwise very good health. Her CA 125 levels have never been far out of normal range and seemed to respond well to the first round of chemo, dropping down into single digits. She is also my BFF! She isn't "online" but I am here to learn anything I can and pass on any encouraging stories you might have. Love and prayers to you all.