Dilation and curettage when cervix is tight

Has anyone of You been in a situation that D&C has not been possible to perform?  

I’ll have D&C on the next Monday. The endorette was not done because my cervix was tight. I have got all my children by cesarean section.

I’ve heard of cases that somebody had been awakened from her narcosis and heard that D&C had failed because of a tight cervix.

Henna

Comments

• Hybridspirits
    Hybridspirits Member Posts: 209
    hard to do D&C

i first had an inoffice test and they couldn't do it for the same reasons.  So when I had my D&C i was given a medicine that was similar to that which would induce labor.  They told me it would help.  It did.  mabye inquire about that

• Henna
    Henna Member Posts: 20

hard to do D&C

i first had an inoffice test and they couldn't do it for the same reasons.  So when I had my D&C i was given a medicine that was similar to that which would induce labor.  They told me it would help.  It did.  mabye inquire about that

Tight cervix

Dear Hybridspirits

Thank You very much for Your accurate answer!  It was nice to hear that it succeeded for You.

I’ve informed the hospital about my cervix problem because of which my inoffice test failed. It was not mentioned in my journal but my gynecologist said it to me (it’s not the same doctor who will do the C&D).

I’m waiting for a call from the nurse in the hospital for more details, so that they could give me the medicine in a good time before my D&C.

Which medicine was it? I’got oxytocin  to induce labor for 35 years ago.

Henna

• Hybridspirits
    Henna said:

Tight cervix

Dear Hybridspirits

Thank You very much for Your accurate answer!  It was nice to hear that it succeeded for You.

I’ve informed the hospital about my cervix problem because of which my inoffice test failed. It was not mentioned in my journal but my gynecologist said it to me (it’s not the same doctor who will do the C&D).

I’m waiting for a call from the nurse in the hospital for more details, so that they could give me the medicine in a good time before my D&C.

Which medicine was it? I’got oxytocin  to induce labor for 35 years ago.

Henna

medicine

don't remember, but it was only 1 pill

• Henna
    Henna Member Posts: 20

medicine

don't remember, but it was only 1 pill

No medicine, its mechanical dilating

I had sent to the nurse in the hospital my question concerning my tight cervix. The doctor called me about for an hour ago, he told that it’s about 100 % possibility that the D&C is possible to perform. He said that when it is done in narcosis, no medicines are needed to help dilating, it’s done mechanically.

I’ll have my D&C on the next Monday, after four days.  It’s nice that I need not wait more. I’ve felt crazy during the whole June month, after getting my highly surprising ultrasound pictures, it was a routine visit to my gynecologist, no symptoms at all.

Henna

• Hybridspirits
    Henna said:

No medicine, its mechanical dilating

I had sent to the nurse in the hospital my question concerning my tight cervix. The doctor called me about for an hour ago, he told that it’s about 100 % possibility that the D&C is possible to perform. He said that when it is done in narcosis, no medicines are needed to help dilating, it’s done mechanically.

I’ll have my D&C on the next Monday, after four days.  It’s nice that I need not wait more. I’ve felt crazy during the whole June month, after getting my highly surprising ultrasound pictures, it was a routine visit to my gynecologist, no symptoms at all.

Henna

no meds needed

that is great no meds are needed, wasn't happy taken the ones I did.  You will do fine as  your dr sounds very confident shich is perfect.  I am very happy you did find this during a routine check. You have a very thorough dr