update on recurrent her2 positive EC

dfd24
dfd24 Member Posts: 91

Hello ,
here is an update
30/5/14 PET SCAN : PROGRESSION again 2 new cervical lymph nodes: something near heart pericardium , something larynx

Whenever the oncologist stops the oxaliplatin and just keeps herceptin + LV5FU2 as maintenance there is progression. she doesn't want to give too much oxaliplatin at one time to avoid permanent neuropathy.

5/june/14 VISIT ONCOLOGIST: waiting for meeting with other oncologists to change chemo, wants to avoid permanent neuropathy of hands ( my husband is an artist), still on herceptin but will add another drug , ordered two tests based on pet scan report, heart ultrasound and endoscope larynx

11 june '14 VISIT CARDIOLOGIST no pericardial effusion , ok for herceptin

DECISION 19 JUNE '14 treatment will be herceptin and taxotere, both every three weeks

He feels good and his appetite is good.
all the best to all,
danièle

Comments

• Deathorglory
    Deathorglory Member Posts: 364 Member
    Hello

Hello Daniele,

Sorry to hear about the progression.  Hopefully the taxotere can beat it back or at least make things stable again.  From my own experience I can testify that permanent neuropathy from oxaliplatin is a real possibility, but I'm happy to be able to trade the neuropathy for clean scans.  I hope your course works out well for you guys.

Ed

• dfd24
    dfd24 Member Posts: 91

Hello

Hello Daniele,

Sorry to hear about the progression.  Hopefully the taxotere can beat it back or at least make things stable again.  From my own experience I can testify that permanent neuropathy from oxaliplatin is a real possibility, but I'm happy to be able to trade the neuropathy for clean scans.  I hope your course works out well for you guys.

Ed

thank you ED + what is your treatment schedule now?

Hi Ed,

Very Glad to hear you have clean scans.   Are you still on Herceptin every week? How about scans , how often do you have them? 

All the best,

danièle

• Deathorglory
    Deathorglory Member Posts: 364 Member
    Still on the same schedule

Daniele,

Everything is still the same for me.  Weekly herceptin.  Monthly doctor visits.  CT scans and echocardiograms every three months (due in July).  The only thing that changes are some occasional tweaks to ancilliary medications to deal with side effects.  All-in-all everything is pretty stable and I'm happy with that.

Ed