Oncologist visit and next step!

Djinnie
Djinnie Member Posts: 945

I had a visit with my ever friendly Oncologist yesterday, Dr War. I took my scans, both my recent and previous scan with me for comparison. I was on the edge of my chair whilst she was going through them. The little tuts and groaning noises she makes while looking at them, certainly don't help the stress levels. Anyway! Yes we have growth, and no she doesn't believe it to be caused by inflamation. Oh Bum!! She is also concerned about the sizeable three growths next to my airway. These are the cause of my cough, which has started again recently. The tumours in my kidney are now larger than the original tumour.  The removal seems to have been a pointless exercise. I asked her if the kidney can be removed, but the response was 'no surgery!!' Anyway! She feels with the amount of cancer in my body 200mg is just not cutting it.

So! The way forward! I was given two options. To continue the Votrient taking 200mg and 400 mg on alternate days, and hope my liver becomes a team player. If it does I will be back on 400mg long term. Or! Change to Afinitor. I have opted for the Votrient, I don't want to give up on it too soon. Also if the growths near my airway are not responsive, I may be looking at radiotherapy treatment. Happy days!

I will be doing some major praying for Votrient's success and a compliant but happy liver! 

 

Djinnie

 

 

«1

Comments

  • foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    DJ,

    You've got ALL my support, vibes and Karma coming your way. I gladly deflect all thats coming to me and will send it your way. Fox.

  • Phredswife
    Phredswife Member Posts: 162
    Oncologist visit and battle plans!!

    Sorry to hear your results weren't so great this time. Bother!!! Hope you can move on with your new plan successfully. I will be praying for you from this side of the world and with all your other many friends here that pretty much guarantees you 24 hour continuous prayer and good wish support. You are lovely and deserve it! Hang in there.

    Hugs, Melissa xox

  • APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member

    Oncologist visit and battle plans!!

    Sorry to hear your results weren't so great this time. Bother!!! Hope you can move on with your new plan successfully. I will be praying for you from this side of the world and with all your other many friends here that pretty much guarantees you 24 hour continuous prayer and good wish support. You are lovely and deserve it! Hang in there.

    Hugs, Melissa xox

    Good wishes and prayers for

    Good wishes and prayers for Votrient to work and your liver to cooperate. Stay strong! xoxo

  • Pandabear1011
    Pandabear1011 Member Posts: 123 Member
    Prayers and Positive Vibes

    Prayers and Positive Vibes coming your way all the way from Texas...:)

  • aamdsi
    aamdsi Member Posts: 284
    waves of good karma!

    all fingers and toes crossed (if crossed eyes, would be too hard to drive).

     

    Oh and hugs! You sure deserve some good news

  • Srashedb
    Srashedb Member Posts: 482 Member
    So sorry

    there is not much I can say about the treatments but just know that all the way from CA, good thoughts and energy is coming your way.

    your posts reelect a delightful woman and again, I wonder if additional meds might exist in the US.

    Sarah

  • GSRon
    GSRon Member Posts: 1,303 Member
    Srashedb said:

    So sorry

    there is not much I can say about the treatments but just know that all the way from CA, good thoughts and energy is coming your way.

    your posts reelect a delightful woman and again, I wonder if additional meds might exist in the US.

    Sarah

    Dj... sorry to hear your

    Dj... sorry to hear your news.. booo...   Did you discuss Inlyta with your Dr..?  Being you and I both had a positive response to Votrient, Inlyta works very similar, but is more Liver friendly.  That may be another option.   No matter what, we are behind you...

    Ron

  • Djinnie
    Djinnie Member Posts: 945
    foxhd said:

    DJ,

    You've got ALL my support, vibes and Karma coming your way. I gladly deflect all thats coming to me and will send it your way. Fox.

    Thanks Fox!

    Oh thank you Fox, what a lovely thing to say. I am so touched by that! I am certainly working my cloggs off to change my Karma!

     

    Djinnie xxx

  • cheatinlil
    cheatinlil Member Posts: 197
    GSRon said:

    Dj... sorry to hear your

    Dj... sorry to hear your news.. booo...   Did you discuss Inlyta with your Dr..?  Being you and I both had a positive response to Votrient, Inlyta works very similar, but is more Liver friendly.  That may be another option.   No matter what, we are behind you...

    Ron

    DJinnie I'm so sorry you are

    DJinnie I'm so sorry you are going through this.  I will be praying for you.  I hope your liver will give the same positive feedback you always give!

  • Djinnie
    Djinnie Member Posts: 945

    Prayers and Positive Vibes

    Prayers and Positive Vibes coming your way all the way from Texas...:)

    Thanks APny and Panda!

    Thank you Apny and Panda, I am very grateful for the prayers. Panda just out of interest where are you in Texas, I used to live near Dallas, I was there for ten years.

    Djinnie x

  • Djinnie
    Djinnie Member Posts: 945
    Srashedb said:

    So sorry

    there is not much I can say about the treatments but just know that all the way from CA, good thoughts and energy is coming your way.

    your posts reelect a delightful woman and again, I wonder if additional meds might exist in the US.

    Sarah

    Thankyou aamdsi for the hug,

    Thankyou aamdsi for the hug, it's very welcome today! 

    Sarah thanks for your kind comments. With regards to better drugs in the US that would not be an option for me. I know the treatment is so much better there but without insurance the costs would be astranomical. Also I have no way of staying long term, I have been here too long. The whole of Europe is an option when it comes to treatment, but it seems France excels there. It must have been a French participant vote only on that poll. I can always nip over to the UK if I find something better.

    Thanks anyway:)

     

    Djinnie x

     

     

  • Pandabear1011
    Pandabear1011 Member Posts: 123 Member
    Djinnie said:

    Thanks APny and Panda!

    Thank you Apny and Panda, I am very grateful for the prayers. Panda just out of interest where are you in Texas, I used to live near Dallas, I was there for ten years.

    Djinnie x

    Howdy, Djinnie...I live South

    Howdy, Djinnie...I live South of Houston in League City. It is in Galveston County. And, Yes..It is hot and humid here. So thankful for A/C and our swimming pool!

  • Djinnie
    Djinnie Member Posts: 945
    GSRon said:

    Dj... sorry to hear your

    Dj... sorry to hear your news.. booo...   Did you discuss Inlyta with your Dr..?  Being you and I both had a positive response to Votrient, Inlyta works very similar, but is more Liver friendly.  That may be another option.   No matter what, we are behind you...

    Ron

    Inlyta!

    Ronnie I didn't discuss Inlyta, in fact it wasn't on offer. I have just checked though and it seems to have been approved for use by the EU Commission in 2012. It has been on offer in the UK so I am wondering why it's not the case here. I will make some enquiries, the French are always slow to introduce anything new, everything is about 30years behind here. I appreciate the advice and the support:)

     

    Djinnie x

  • Djinnie
    Djinnie Member Posts: 945

    DJinnie I'm so sorry you are

    DJinnie I'm so sorry you are going through this.  I will be praying for you.  I hope your liver will give the same positive feedback you always give!

    Thanks Cheatinlil!

    Cheatinlil thanks for those kind comments! I am sending lots of positive thoughts to my liver, I just hope it's paying attention, lol!

    You take care:)

     

    Djinnie x

  • Djinnie
    Djinnie Member Posts: 945
    Djinnie said:

    Thankyou aamdsi for the hug,

    Thankyou aamdsi for the hug, it's very welcome today! 

    Sarah thanks for your kind comments. With regards to better drugs in the US that would not be an option for me. I know the treatment is so much better there but without insurance the costs would be astranomical. Also I have no way of staying long term, I have been here too long. The whole of Europe is an option when it comes to treatment, but it seems France excels there. It must have been a French participant vote only on that poll. I can always nip over to the UK if I find something better.

    Thanks anyway:)

     

    Djinnie x

     

     

    Irregular order??

    I am not sure whats going on with the posts, i placed them in order but they seem to have developed a mind of their own!

    Dj

  • GSRon
    GSRon Member Posts: 1,303 Member
    Djinnie said:

    Inlyta!

    Ronnie I didn't discuss Inlyta, in fact it wasn't on offer. I have just checked though and it seems to have been approved for use by the EU Commission in 2012. It has been on offer in the UK so I am wondering why it's not the case here. I will make some enquiries, the French are always slow to introduce anything new, everything is about 30years behind here. I appreciate the advice and the support:)

     

    Djinnie x

    Dj.. suggest you ask.. I know

    Dj.. suggest you ask.. I know in some places they have a specific "sequence" of drugs.  I think this is terrible..!  So, if you "bypass" one drug, you can not get it later.  Hope that is not the case for you.   Yes, I think Inlyta was only approved last year for some parts of the U.K.  I remember T.W. going through that hassle.. sigh.  Sometimes rules are not a good thing...

    Oh and remember... "There must be...... 50 ways to love your Liver..."

    Ron

     

  • Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    Hi Djinnie,
    Sending my

    Hi Djinnie,

    Sending my thoughts, prayers and GOOD Karma your way! Even though you are half way around the world from us, we are close by - always here for you to help you along your way.

    In other words "We've got your back, sister!!"

    Big hugs

    Jojo

  • brea588
    brea588 Member Posts: 240
    Djinnie said:

    Irregular order??

    I am not sure whats going on with the posts, i placed them in order but they seem to have developed a mind of their own!

    Dj

    Dginnie

    so sorry to hear ur not so good report.  Hope the liver straightens up and begins to like the votrient.  Will be praying for you daily. 

  • twinthings
    twinthings Member Posts: 409
    spare bedroom

    Dj, come to the States.  I would love to have you and perhaps you'd have better options here.  I have a spare bedroom that's yours, rent free.  I couldn't be more serious if I tried.  There has got to be a better solution. 

    I too, along with everyone else will be praying for good news and a compliant liver.  I'm so sorry to hear that your cough has returned.  Hopefully, it doesn't get as bad as when it first presented. 

    Keep hanging in there and if you decide to take me up, I'll help you with the airfare.  I wouldn't make this offer to just anyone but, you are not just anyone, you are someone...someone special.

    xoxo

  • Srashedb
    Srashedb Member Posts: 482 Member

    spare bedroom

    Dj, come to the States.  I would love to have you and perhaps you'd have better options here.  I have a spare bedroom that's yours, rent free.  I couldn't be more serious if I tried.  There has got to be a better solution. 

    I too, along with everyone else will be praying for good news and a compliant liver.  I'm so sorry to hear that your cough has returned.  Hopefully, it doesn't get as bad as when it first presented. 

    Keep hanging in there and if you decide to take me up, I'll help you with the airfare.  I wouldn't make this offer to just anyone but, you are not just anyone, you are someone...someone special.

    xoxo

    Yes!

    Sindy:

    that is a wonderful offer and DJ, I think it's worth considering. What a group! I am sorry to find myself on cancer support groups again but if I had to, this is one hell of a group.

    Sarah