Do not know what happens, uncertainty is difficult

Principally I  have no reason to get mad yet but I cannot concentrate on my work now today.  I do not have any diagnosis yet. But my gynegologist looked worried because of the ultrasound during my routine visit for a couple of weeks ago. The endometrium had been 15 millimeter thick. I’ll go to the hospital in the beginning of July for a  biopsy, diagnosis and possible treatment.

I have no idea about what is going to happen in the hospital.  One doctor said that that they do scraping and another doctor said that the uterus and ovaries will be removed.  Of course it is impossible to know because they do not have any  laboratory results yet.  

The ultrasound picture appeared to my eyes like a fetus in an early pregnancy.  I have been told that if it is cancer, so it  fortunately is likely to be in an early stage. The “ball” had exakt boundaries, so it is not very likely  to have spread. That is positive.

But I’m nervous about what happens during the whole month after ultrasound (in the beginning of June)and before my reception time in the hospital (in the beginning of July).

If I have luck, so I’ll be at home from the hospital after a couple of days after scraping and can come back to my work. Another possibility is that I’ll wake up narcosis after a big operation and get a long sick leave with heavy treatments.

I have used to visit a gynegologist once an year but in this spring  I have been so bysy that I had postponed it. Last time I was there for an year and some months ago. I thougt that I cant have anything because I had no symptoms. It was stupid of me!

Henna

Comments

• It happened to Me
    It happened to Me Member Posts: 206 Member
    You are not alone

Henna, Welcome to the site.  This is a great group to talk to and ask questions.  A friend of mine, told me the very moment she heard I was diagnosed with uterine cancer. "only look to the next event.  Don't look to the future because that causes more stress".  So, from appt. to appt. I focus only on the next appt. and I don't let my mind think too far ahead.  I was diagnosed with Stage IIIa Grade 3 UPSC, it's a rarer form of uterine cancer that acts more like ovarian cancer.

Don't look back and say, "I should of".  that only makes the stress worse.  You have no idea how long you have had the thickening and it might not be cancer.  These women on this board are correct when they say, "don't look on the internet".  If you read the other threads, you will gain alot of great information.  Also, the 2nd thing they say is: ask alot of questions and write it down and take someone with you.  Two sets of ears are better than one.  I will add, you need to consider taking someone who isn't so emotionally involved that they can't focus on what the doctor is saying.  If you don't trust your doctor, get a second opinion or find a new doctor if at all possible.   Explore all your options.

As far as work and concentrating, try to give yourself permission to think only about the health issue between say 5 and 7 at night or 6 and 8 in the morning and tell yourself, that is when you think about it.   Sometimes it works for people and sometimes it doesn't.  Find something that works for you.  the ladies on this board can give you ideas also.

Just remember:  You are not alone in this journey.

Take care, use the board often.

Jeanette

• Henna
    Henna Member Posts: 20

You are not alone

Henna, Welcome to the site.  This is a great group to talk to and ask questions.  A friend of mine, told me the very moment she heard I was diagnosed with uterine cancer. "only look to the next event.  Don't look to the future because that causes more stress".  So, from appt. to appt. I focus only on the next appt. and I don't let my mind think too far ahead.  I was diagnosed with Stage IIIa Grade 3 UPSC, it's a rarer form of uterine cancer that acts more like ovarian cancer.

Don't look back and say, "I should of".  that only makes the stress worse.  You have no idea how long you have had the thickening and it might not be cancer.  These women on this board are correct when they say, "don't look on the internet".  If you read the other threads, you will gain alot of great information.  Also, the 2nd thing they say is: ask alot of questions and write it down and take someone with you.  Two sets of ears are better than one.  I will add, you need to consider taking someone who isn't so emotionally involved that they can't focus on what the doctor is saying.  If you don't trust your doctor, get a second opinion or find a new doctor if at all possible.   Explore all your options.

As far as work and concentrating, try to give yourself permission to think only about the health issue between say 5 and 7 at night or 6 and 8 in the morning and tell yourself, that is when you think about it.   Sometimes it works for people and sometimes it doesn't.  Find something that works for you.  the ladies on this board can give you ideas also.

Just remember:  You are not alone in this journey.

Take care, use the board often.

Jeanette

Thank You Jeannette!

Thank You for support!

Henna