Ever get a song in your head?

2»

Comments

• donna_lee
    donna_lee Member Posts: 1,041 Member

I think I love you

Oh. My. Goodness. Fox!  This was the best thing I've read on here, to date! 

After reading it and the other. about your exchange with the bully biker, the song "I think I love you" by the Partridge Family (of all people) popped in my head.  You really are something else!  I have always liked you but now, I think I love you!!  And now, not only is the song stuck in my head but, I'll think of you everytime I hear it.  I'd say thanks for making me laugh but, with these 17 staples in my belly, laughter is not the best medicine at the moment.  Still, I very much enjoyed reading thru this thread! 

xoxo

Sindy

To the ??, let me see your scar.  Turn around, start to drop your drawers, and tell them "my skin was so tough, they had to use another opening."

Hah.

And twinny, you'll know you have staples when they remove them.  You'll twinge.  Bad joke, I know.  On surgery #1, I counted 67 of those grapple hooks that he pulled out with a pry bar.  Just teasing.  Hope the rest of the recovery goes well.

Donna

• twinthings
    twinthings Member Posts: 409
    donna_lee said:

To the ??, let me see your scar.  Turn around, start to drop your drawers, and tell them "my skin was so tough, they had to use another opening."

Hah.

And twinny, you'll know you have staples when they remove them.  You'll twinge.  Bad joke, I know.  On surgery #1, I counted 67 of those grapple hooks that he pulled out with a pry bar.  Just teasing.  Hope the rest of the recovery goes well.

Donna

Staples are out

Didn't feel a thing, Donna. When you've had as much abdominal surgery as I have, and so many nerves have been severed, there's not a lot of feeling. Actually, there's no feeling at all. I'm pretty well numb and have been for a number of years. The only pain I feel is internal. It's really weird when I have an itch on my belly, I can feel it inside but scratching doesn't satisfy the itch. 

Hope you have a great weekend!

S

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member

I think I love you

Oh. My. Goodness. Fox!  This was the best thing I've read on here, to date! 

After reading it and the other. about your exchange with the bully biker, the song "I think I love you" by the Partridge Family (of all people) popped in my head.  You really are something else!  I have always liked you but now, I think I love you!!  And now, not only is the song stuck in my head but, I'll think of you everytime I hear it.  I'd say thanks for making me laugh but, with these 17 staples in my belly, laughter is not the best medicine at the moment.  Still, I very much enjoyed reading thru this thread! 

xoxo

Sindy

Love you too..

..Patches.  By the way I haven't mentioned that I am also a Wrangler fan. Having several over the past ten years or so. I recently sold my last one as I no longer need 2 vehicles since I don't work. Had to keep my pick up truck. That hurt.

• foxhd
    foxhd said:

Love you too..

..Patches.  By the way I haven't mentioned that I am also a Wrangler fan. Having several over the past ten years or so. I recently sold my last one as I no longer need 2 vehicles since I don't work. Had to keep my pick up truck. That hurt.

Oh, Donna....

I've been working on a joke about using the back door. Not surprised you beat me to it...I saw a girl this weekend. She had a big old healed incision along her spine. Probably had a rod inserted to control scoliosis. Adjacent to her scar were piercings like shoe eyelets. Laced with a pretty ribbon. Cool touch.

• rhominator
    rhominator Member Posts: 233 Member
    I know this is an old thread

Re: "They just don't understand how consuming the thought of having cancer is. ... I asked him, 'Now have you ever had a song (usually one you don't like) stuck in your head and you can't get it out no matter what you do?' Of course he said Yes. Then I told him THAT is what it is like to have cancer. All day. Every day."

Thanks for that!

• foxhd

I know this is an old thread

Re: "They just don't understand how consuming the thought of having cancer is. ... I asked him, 'Now have you ever had a song (usually one you don't like) stuck in your head and you can't get it out no matter what you do?' Of course he said Yes. Then I told him THAT is what it is like to have cancer. All day. Every day."

Thanks for that!

This has been one of my favorites.

I still do this stuff to people. It always works. Again, who says cancer can't be fun?

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    foxhd said:

This has been one of my favorites.

I still do this stuff to people. It always works. Again, who says cancer can't be fun?

Wow....oldie but a goodie.

Wow....oldie but a goodie. Funny stuff, but sad, too seeing posts from friends we have lost.

Hugs

Jojo

• Skagway Jack
    Skagway Jack Member Posts: 224 Member
    Fox Wisdom

Fox,  I had forgotten about that post.  It is so "right on".  What I always get being a stage 1 guy is "oh so the cancer is gone arent you lucky".  My response has been yes I am, but in my mind I am thinking they have no idea what the consequences of a potential return are or how it prays on ones mind. 

For example, I just had a visit with my Urologist this week and he ordered a new  6 month CT with IV contrast.  My kidney function had imporved to a creatin of 1.2 and I think he wanted the improved imagery that contrast gives.  This after my Onc(back in August) had said he would see me next year.  So the docs are not quite on the same sheet of music, though I know they have worked together a lot and there is mutual respect.  In anycase I get an un-anticipated scan added to the schedule in January.  I fully expect good results but as we all know it adds to ones stress. 

I will keep this nugget of Fox Wisdom in mind next time I get the question.

Cheers,  Skagway

• todd121
    todd121 Member Posts: 1,448 Member
    GSRon said:

I told one guy.. that he

I told one guy.. that he better be very careful... that "bus" is coming for him..  and that most likely I will outlive him..   That was fun for me.. scared the crap out of him.. for a little while anyway..

Yes people do not get it...  

Song yes... the Motorcycle Song is in my head as well as a few others... 

Be well my friend.!!

Ron Cool

I miss you Ron

Just remind me of your friendly, loving support and sense of humor. Sure do miss you.

Todd

• todd121
    todd121 Member Posts: 1,448 Member
    It's exactly like that

But a bit more annoying and sometimes even frightening. As soon as I've forgotten, I'll get a little body ache or something will be off in my body and I'll think "hmm. brain tumor". I think their staging system makes it a little more intense. Stage 3. Song is louder. Stage 4? Damn. It won't stop!

I had a pain in my foot last week and I'm wondering, is it possible to get a tumor in your foot? (Them not scanning there makes me suspicious right away). This week it's a pain in my jaw.

I keep reminding myself (not on purpose) about friends who have had tumors in their eyes, nose, and other places.

Will try and remember an antidote. Although, Christmas songs right now aren't exactly making me feel stress free. If I hear that Mariah Carey Christmas song one more time, you may see me on the evening news!!! Damn, I'm sick of that thing.

Todd

• mrou50
    mrou50 Member Posts: 389 Member
    Fox Thanks

Fox what perfect timing for someone to bring up this coversation.  Thursday night I was trying to explain to my wife what is like to have this damn disease and the mind games it plays on us.  I read your initial comment to her and I told her that it is what I was trying to tell her Thursday night.  Thanks for your sense of humor and your guidance.

Mark

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    mrou50 said:

Fox Thanks

Fox what perfect timing for someone to bring up this coversation.  Thursday night I was trying to explain to my wife what is like to have this damn disease and the mind games it plays on us.  I read your initial comment to her and I told her that it is what I was trying to tell her Thursday night.  Thanks for your sense of humor and your guidance.

Mark

Songs

Excellent advice. The only problem is I then get a song stuck in my head. Problem is its in German. And I only remember one line.

Still theres nothing better to start your day than a youg German Punk, dressed as a catholic priesnt, doing a Hitler impression

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egaUzATKXsQ 

So thanks for that. Oh I should add they are not Nazis